Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Soldato
Just because some may have found it insulting that I suggested you've been a bit silly and turned the pump down. Had to ask to knock out apossible answer.

Only thing I can think of now is maybe by bleeding the system you've actually moved an airlock into a more restrictive area.

Associate
OP
Just because some may have found it insulting that I suggested you've been a bit silly and turned the pump down. Had to ask to knock out apossible answer.

Only thing I can think of now is maybe by bleeding the system you've actually moved an airlock into a more restrictive area.

Ah no its set to 5.

I was also thinking the same. is there a proven method of bleeding I could perhaps try.

Atm I am taking the cap of my tube res. then slowly tilting the case left, holding it there for a few mins. then tilting the case right then leaving it there for a while.

thanks for the reply

Soldato
Hello,
I was planning on getting the Aquaero 6 and wanted to check that it'll do what I'd like.

I'll have 8 fans, 1 temp sensor, 1 pwm Pump and maybe a flow meter in the future.

will it be able to handle this 'off the shelf' or will I need some of it's add-ons?

Permabanned
I have the 5 XT, paid £103 for it brand new from a competitor, did look at the 6 XT but didn't think it was worth the extra for my needs.

Running 6x Arctic Cooling F5's on channel 1 and 3x Arctic Cooling F5's on another channel.

Looking to PWM my Laing DDC pumps.

Also have software temperatures set using AIDA64 as well as a physical temp sensor in the reservoir and a flow meter.

I have my fans on a custom fan curve at 25% idle speed and 50% set as the maximum, my system is SILENT.

Fans hit around 36% when gaming.

Case is an NZXT H630 as I wanted as much performance as possible while remaining as quiet as possible.

Temps are mental cool too, GPU's max out at mid 40's and CPU hits high 70's/low 80'c while running Intel Burn Test on a 5Ghz 3770k with 1.412v.

Who said you can't have both silence and performance :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I tend to search for air by doing the cap up fully and turning the case to the extremes( lay it on its side, lay on front and back) if you try and do it slowly and listen out for the tell tell glug noise. (Do it slowly to make sure the res doesn't introduce more air into the loop).

Permabanned
interesting,
Do you have the waterblock or any extra cooling on it?
as this might be a nice money saver

Nope, it comes with a decent sized heat sink and it's not hitting the 95c temp limit on my PC.

Good place to ask I think,

Has anyone got Aquasuite working with Win 10 preview at all? Didn't manage it so far.

I am assuming it works with Windows 8.1?

You tried compatibility mode?

Soldato
Good place to ask I think,

Has anyone got Aquasuite working with Win 10 preview at all? Didn't manage it so far.

I am assuming it works with Windows 8.1?

Not tried it with Windows 10 tech preview bud, but it defo works fine with Windows 8.1 as I'm running it on my main PC fine.

It'll probably need a version of .NET installing on the tech preview, as that's what Aquasuite runs on.

Associate
OP
Well I am having a nightmare bleeding my system. I can see a big air bubble right on the cpu block going towards the out port. and I am sure I have more hense why my flow is getting worse.

Things I have tried to remove it :

Tilting the case left>right>backwords>forwards.
connecting the pump to an external psu: putting the pump speed on full>5.
I have tried putting my pump on the low speed , then tilting the case.
I have disconnected all cables and turned the case upsaide down. layed it down ect ect.
I would not have been bothered if I didn't have a flow meter and I can see my flow rate is getting worse.

Anyone have any ideas or sugestions on shifting them.

I have never had this much trouble bleeding a loop before(I have 2 rads a hardwarelabs nemesis gtx 480, and a hardwarelabs gtx extream 2 360)

cheers

Permabanned
While the system is on, squeeze the pipe going into your CPU block, let the pressure build then release.... try it on all the pipe work as that usually removes stubborn bubble.

Associate
OP
While the system is on, squeeze the pipe going into your CPU block, let the pressure build then release.... try it on all the pipe work as that usually removes stubborn bubble.

Hi thanks for the reply.

If you checkout the water cooling case gallery. I have put pics up of my build. it would be impossible to do what you suggested worse luck.

Soldato
Argh that's the weird EK block isn't it. I thought someone had air in that too but apparantly it's how it's designed to look there's not actually air in it.

Gorgeous build though mate.

Associate
Nope, it comes with a decent sized heat sink and it's not hitting the 95c temp limit on my PC.

You tried compatibility mode?

Yeah tried all compat modes, run as admin, manually restarting the service etc.

Everything still works as before and can open aquasuite, but it crashes when you try to open the controller section. So to make adjustments you have to use the LCD or remote - annoying!

Luckily everything as configured how I liked it before so no need to adjust atm.

Associate
Morning all,

So I'm in need of a new pump soon. I'll be going D5 this time and am wondering what benefits I can get from going with the premium Aqua Computer (with aquabus) one to go with my 5XT and flow meter (the regular AC D5 just has a tacho)?

I definitely want to be able to control pump speed via Aquasuite, but what else can it do?

Last edited:
Soldato
Technical bit:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

Basically, what I have is, I measure the air temperature coming into the front of the case, versus the water temperature going to my radiators and I calculate the difference - you can create virtual temperature sensors to do this in Aquasuite. This is now my delta T that you see talked about in watercooling reviews.

I then have my fan controllers set with the fans to maintain this at a fixed temperature (called Setpoint control in the software if I remember right). At idle, my fans are off and only occassionally just give the radiators a slight waft of air for a second to keep delta T at 4degC. If I increase the load on my PC, deltaT will start to increase so the controller turns them on for a bit longer and under heavier loads it will run them continuously to keep the temperature difference the same or thereabout. It's fully dynamic so there's no sudden increases in fan speed giving you that annoying sudden ramp up in speed that some controllers give you, all nice and gentle changes.

That sounds brilliant. I may have to set something similar up myself now :/

Lol

Back
Top Bottom