Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
So I've installed the flow sensor (Aqua Computer High-Flow USB) but I think it's possibly borked.. either that or I'm confused..

The reading is constant, no matter what situation the system is in - not even a slight variance as you might expect.

What I've done so far:
- I've connected the device to USB so it appears in aquasuite on the left, and also via aquabus 3-pin to the HIGH aqaubus header on my 5XT.
- I've checked that the device does appear on the "Currently connected aquabus devices" list, as well as on the "flow sensors" list
- I've configured the device as "Flow sensor high flow USB" on the MPS config.

However, the reading is "stuck" on 2.313 l/m

I don't have a vario pump so I can't instigate a change, but I'd expect some change in the lower decimals at least?

Associate
OP
Mine started that high, then after a while, settling in (I did panic tbh) it then went to around 139ltr and has stayed there. I do have some air in my system which I cannot shift for love nore money, including a visible air bubble on my cpu block in the corner. I do have a lot of 90 fittings and some 45s and the most restrictive rads, ie hardware labs, so im sure mine is about right.

and also via aquabus 3-pin to the HIGH aqaubus header on my 5XT

What cable did you use to connect it from the flow meter to the 5xt. was it the included cable or did you buy one ?

Associate
The 3-pin cable came with the Aquaero I believe (I got both the XT and the flow meter together, can't remember which came with which exactly).

From what I've read the 4-pin Aquabus cable is essentially the same as the 3-pin, except it has a power cable as well. If you use this then you can remove the USB cable, once it's set up.

The most worrying thing for me is that is doesn't change at all, even by .001. So either the reading really is constant or there's something wrong with the unit!

I don't have and 4-pins to hand but I'll buy one now and see if it makes any difference.

Associate
OP
The 3-pin cable came with the Aquaero I believe (I got both the XT and the flow meter together, can't remember which came with which exactly).

From what I've read the 4-pin Aquabus cable is essentially the same as the 3-pin, except it has a power cable as well. If you use this then you can remove the USB cable, once it's set up.

The most worrying thing for me is that is doesn't change at all, even by .001. So either the reading really is constant or there's something wrong with the unit!

I don't have and 4-pins to hand but I'll buy one now and see if it makes any difference.

I read the manual for the 5/6 series and it says the compatible one to use is the 4 pin. most prob like you said because of the power. but does not mention the 3 pin for the flowmeter if you are using like me this one.

Aqua Computer Flow Sensor MPS High Flow incl USB Port
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-177-AQ&groupid=962&catid=2138

Permabanned
So I've installed the flow sensor (Aqua Computer High-Flow USB) but I think it's possibly borked.. either that or I'm confused..

The reading is constant, no matter what situation the system is in - not even a slight variance as you might expect.

What I've done so far:
- I've connected the device to USB so it appears in aquasuite on the left, and also via aquabus 3-pin to the HIGH aqaubus header on my 5XT.
- I've checked that the device does appear on the "Currently connected aquabus devices" list, as well as on the "flow sensors" list
- I've configured the device as "Flow sensor high flow USB" on the MPS config.

However, the reading is "stuck" on 2.313 l/m

I don't have a vario pump so I can't instigate a change, but I'd expect some change in the lower decimals at least?

Squeeze the tube while it's on and the flow rate should drop, when I do that to mine the flow rate graph on my Aquaero 5 shows the drop.

Associate
OP
Has anyone installed the new version yet. be care full.

ATTENTION
After a firmware update of the aquaero 5 and 6 as well as the aquaduct mk 4 and 5 XT series a downgrade is not possible.
With the aquaero firmware 2000 the lowspeed aquabus port will not work anymore! This means a tubemeter or multiswitch can not be connected to the aquaero anymore. If this function is necessary for you, then do not perform an update now or in the future.

NOTE
Existing profiles can not be reused because of several changes in the internal structure. For the overview pages the data sources for the fans and outputs must be reassigned.
The rest of this post means the aquaero 5 and 6 when mentioning aquaero and the aquaduct mk 4 and 5 XT when mentioning aquaduct.

Changelog for the aquasuite software
•New: support for farbwerk controller

•New: profiles which are stored in the aquaero or aquaduct can be loaded and managed through the aquasuite software

•New: pressure data of corresponding mps devices when connected via aquabus are available for the overview pages now

•Change: outputs of an aquaero/aquaduct like PWM, relay, LED, connected pumps etc. have been grouped and unified

•Change: new layout for the aquaero and aquaduct demo pages

•Bugfix: key tone for the aquaero and aquaduct can be set again

•Bugfix: when adding new data to a chart a new axis was generated; data of the same type will be grouped now

•Bugfix: in the overview it was not possible to get a screenshot of the desktop when old Windows designs were used

•Bugfix: when data of bargraphs or pointer instruments were changing fast there was a memory leak and a lot of RAM has been used

•Bugfix: if a D5 pump was connected to an aquaero via aquabus the power was shown with a wrong unit

•Bugfix: using fonz size 0 in the overview pages caused the program to crash

•Bugfix: the uninstall routine in Windows program management was not working

•Aqua Computer Windows Service: values of AIDA64 are read through WMI and shared memory now – depends on which source is available

Changelog for firmware of the aquaero and aquaduct
•New: support for farbwerk controller

•New: all sensors and outputs can be used with individual names

•New: the profiles which are stored in the device can be loaded directly through the main menu

•New: the PID controller works with a new algorithm and allows a better temperature control

•New: up to four revised RGB controller

•New: pumps are working in automatic mode by default

•New: fan outputs and poweradjust devices that are connected via aquabus will work at 100% power when they are not assigned to a controller

•New: the alarm of an aquabus connected D5 pump can be processed by the aquaero

•New: an aquabus connected aquastream XT can be used as an output in the controller settings

•Change: for pumps the frequency has been exchanged with percent and rotational speed

•Change: amount of entries for the timer has been reduced from 32 to 16

•Change: amount of entries for the alarm levels have been reduced from eight to four

•Change: lowspeed aquabus port disabled

•Bugfix: measurements of temperature values above 90°C were partially shown with too high values

•Bugfix: uploading an own image to the device was not possible

•Bugfix: rendering of the curve controller within the device was messed up when the temperature started with a negative value

•Bugfix: when a sensor which was assigned to an alarm has been removed, the corresponding alarm did not work anymore

Besides the listed points there are several other small corrections and changes. The listed points are the main changes.

Soldato
Will give the new firmware a try shortly- thanks for the heads up!
It looks like one of its main new features it support for a new aquacomputer product called farbwerk - It's an RGB LED Controller.

Interesting as there was a chap on their forums who was making these for end users - Allowed you to hook up a LED Strip to an aquaero controller which I was looking to get imported from him. Cost was pretty high though (came to about £50). These are cheaper at a reported RRP of about £30.

More info here: http://forum.aquacomputer.de/weiter...color-in-your-life-new-4x-rgb-led-controller/

Any OCUK staff members confirm when its going to be available please?

Soldato
Will give the new firmware a try shortly- thanks for the heads up!
It looks like one of its main new features it support for a new aquacomputer product called farbwerk - It's an RGB LED Controller.

Interesting as there was a chap on their forums who was making these for end users - Allowed you to hook up a LED Strip to an aquaero controller which I was looking to get imported from him. Cost was pretty high though (came to about £50). These are cheaper at a reported RRP of about £30.

More info here: http://forum.aquacomputer.de/weiter...color-in-your-life-new-4x-rgb-led-controller/

Any OCUK staff members confirm when its going to be available please?

To be fair, Jeak RGB Amp is here a lot earlier than they develope it.

Jeak RGB Amp was first developed from 2012 and have been made quite well-known across the AQ users.

But then Aquacomputer themselves developed it and banned the sales of Jeak Amp :o

I myself have bought 3 Jeak RGB Amps from Jeak and I would always recommend Jeak RGB Amp over this farbwerk.

I think I've bought mine at around £10 each PCB.

link: http://forum.aquacomputer.de/berwachung-und-steuerung/102291-jeak-rgb-amp/

Soldato
But then Aquacomputer themselves developed it and banned the sales of Jeak Amp :o

I myself have bought 3 Jeak RGB Amps from Jeak and I would always recommend Jeak RGB Amp over this farbwerk.

I think I've bought mine at around £10 each PCB.

link: http://forum.aquacomputer.de/berwachung-und-steuerung/102291-jeak-rgb-amp/

Yeah they'r a bit cheeky that way - he should have copyrighted it or somat :(
The cost of the module was pretty cheap - it was the cost of shipping which ramped up the charges considerably unfortunately as he was in Germany.

Soldato
Yeah they'r a bit cheeky that way - he should have copyrighted it or somat :(
The cost of the module was pretty cheap - it was the cost of shipping which ramped up the charges considerably unfortunately as he was in Germany.

To be fair, the one from AQ does have its dedicated processing unit, but I dunno, I dont care about it as I could have fully configured the color cycle with respect to every measurement took by the aquaero anyway with a Jeak Amp.

I even checked the pricing of the Jeak Amp, it was 18 EURO for the board with 6.50 for shipping to my home address, I bought 2 so it's more like ~21EUR shipped, and they're retailing 30EUR excluding shipping.

Doesn't matter how much I love their Aquaero products, I think this one is a bad move and i'm certainly not gonna buy one.

Edit: P.S. I lied, not around £10 per PCB as I would have thought :p More like 21EUR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom