Arctic Freezer III now available.....

Soldato
So I'll have to take the 360 from my main pc a phanteks p600s which was top mounted and put in the H7 then put the 420 in the P600s and front mount it. A pain but not the end of the world. I'm assuming if the pump barbs stretch it should be barbs at bottom not the top, right?
Yes it meant to be better to have the barbs at the bottom as it reduces the chance of the pump sucking in air, But you can fit it with them at the top if you want too.

If i remember right the P600s case inside has exactly the same inside as my Evolv X case so the 420mm should fit with the barbs placed at the bottom the same as i have done. But it is a very tight fit so have fun :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Had the fans pulling the air in
So i needed to remove the fans and turn them around
At the moment I've left the fans as is pulling air out. I must say I'm very happy with it. No problems barbs down went in case no bother. Very quiet under load, ran a quick cinemark 24 bench and was in the upper 60s with sides off I'll test again tomorrow but so far very good.

Soldato
At the moment I've left the fans as is pulling air out. I must say I'm very happy with it. No problems barbs down went in case no bother. Very quiet under load, ran a quick cinemark 24 bench and was in the upper 60s with sides off I'll test again tomorrow but so far very good.

For me the problem with setting it up that way was dust as my case only has a single dust filter on the front of it

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Have fun if you do this :D
The wires on the stock fans are really short and it took me ages to get the fans postioned pertectly right so all the wires would connect together

When I first fitted mine, not having an ARGB type before, I must have slightly snagged a plug towards the corner of the radiator when fitting. I snagged it just enough for it to become disconnected, not to stop the fans from working but to stop the fans from displaying their lights. Took me a while to figure that one out. Of course I needed to remove the radiator again.....and plug the connector back together. Huh, lol.

Soldato
What sort of fan curves everyone running using the single cable here.
Am using the three separate wires connected to Fan, Fan opt, AIO headers at the moment

I only just started playing around with changing the fan curves in the motherboard bios last night.
But i couldn't get the fan stop setting to work at all, So it wouldn't stop any of my fans or slow them down so they hardly turned
Am going have another play with it at sometime later as it most likely my fan hub my case fans are plugged into that causing me problems with setting the case fan speeds

I was trying to set my case fans to be stopped for temps up to around 35c
And my 420mm AIO fans to only be running at about 30% up to 35c or 40c
and then rising up from there to maybe 60% at 60c and then climbing to 100% at 75c

Last edited:
Soldato
Am using the three separate wires connected to Fan, Fan opt, AIO headers at the moment

I only just started playing around with changing the fan curves in the motherboard bios last night.
But i couldn't get the fan stop setting to work at all, So it wouldn't stop any of my fans or slow them down so they hardly turned
Am going have another play with it at sometime later as it most likely my fan hub my case fans are plugged into that causing me problems with setting the case fan speeds

I was trying to set my case fans to be stopped for temps up to around 35c
And my 420mm AIO fans to only be running at about 30% up to 35c or 40c
and then rising up from there to maybe 60% at 60c and then climbing to 100% at 75c
Great explanation thanks, let's know if you get it running. May try same myself.

Soldato
OP
What sort of fan curves everyone running using the single cable here.
I did try the Smartfan control in the BIOS, that was ok. But I preferred software...

Link to my post showing the software.

My curves for all remain kinda flat and that covers most temps, based on the CPU, averages over 10 seconds, up to around 60c. Then they scale up, well the radiator fans do.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anybody running one of the 420s in the front of a Fractal Torrent? Thinking about doing so but keep reading conflicting reports of whether it fits nicely or not (some suggest the fan mount for the fans on the bottom of the case needs to be very slightly trimmed to get it to fit... I'm not necessarily against doing that although it would be nice to not have to cut up a brand new case). I had wanted to put it in the roof of my Enthoo Pro which does support a 420 but it looks to me like it doesn't have the vertical clearance for this AIO to not clash with my VRM heatsinks etc.

Also right as I finally committed to pull the trigger on the build they seem to suddenly not be in stock anywhere :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Recently fit the 420 version in the top of a 7000D (@humbug loads of space in there).
Generally I found it pretty nice to fit.
My 3 thoughts are:
Tubes are quite stiff and not all that long.
I was disappointed there wasn't pre-applied paste, but it is nice they include a small tube of MX-6.
I was also disappointed with the power/PWM cables. I found the connector awkward and there didn't seem to be anything to indicate it was in properly and securely (I think I'd have preferred it if the connection to the block was sealed and the optional bit was mid-cable, not sure). I also didn't like that the cable comes out of the bottom of the unit. Given the VRM cooling stuff there's really only one orientation for it and in combination with my case I found there wasn't really a good way to route it to keep the cable tidy.

Still, for the price I can't really complain as they're only minor gripes. I'd get one for the 5000D if it'd fit.

Back
Top Bottom