Arctic Freezer III now available.....

Associate
Does anyone remember when Gigabyte made their Fisher Price range of motherboards....

2000.jpg

....they were the prototype of what RGB has become.

For now I have changed from static blue to green. Begrudgingly, I will admit to say it's "ok", damn I'm trying hard to not actually like it, lol.

The DFI LanParty boards had a bit of colour to them too

Soldato
OP
The DFI LanParty boards had a bit of colour to them too

That has to be shown, lol.........

mobo-l.jpg

I remember, not that particular model, having a DFI Lanparty motherboard (socket 939...?) and I buggered up a BIOS flash. I had to remove the socketed BIOS chip, send it off to be re-flashed and then hot-plug it back into the motherboard to be used, or something like that.

@chaparral - are you using both the 360 and the 420..? You only note that you are building one Z790 system..?

Associate
I remember, not that particular model, having a DFI Lanparty motherboard (socket 939...?) and I buggered up a BIOS flash. I had to remove the socketed BIOS chip, send it off to be re-flashed and then hot-plug it back into the motherboard to be used, or something like that.

This one was quite popular DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR Expert

board.jpg

Soldato
OP
@jabski That was the board I had. I can note the socketed BIOS chip on the board that I needed to replace. N-Force chipset, socket 939 etc............pretty amazing board at the time.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Using a 360 AIO as an example....

this being the rev II

Spec-Sheet-Liquid-Freezer-II-360-EN-update-pdf.png

The rev III...........

Spec-Sheet-Liquid-Freezer-III-360-Black-EN-pdf.png

I can see the fan curves being different. But I wonder why the pup readout, the RPM you see, is way higher than the actual pump RPM..?

Soldato
So i finally got my new case and cooler.

Went for the Lancool 216 and 360mm AFIII both none RGB.

Case is very easy to work with and has plenty of space for the thicker rad of the Arctic.

Was a little concerned about the fan speed on the case as i thought having them set up like my old case fans (DC) would run them at 5v, but they would not drop below 1100rpm.

Setting them to PWM allowed me to set them at 40% (~800rpm) and they are so much quieter.

Using the single power cable for the AIO as my motherboard only has 1 x CPU fan header and all other headers are at the bottom of the board.

Last edited:
Associate
Any idea what's going on the with stock of the AFIII 360 RGB?

Just probably high demand due to the discounted prices they've launched the AF III coolers with. The question is whether when they get new stock if the price will still be discounted, or back to the usual level.

Associate
That has to be shown, lol.........

mobo-l.jpg

@chaparral - are you using both the 360 and the 420..? You only note that you are building one Z790 system..?
Oh yeah. Just wondering how DFI would approach RGB these days.

Soldato
You have a very nice setup there, very envious. How does the cooler perform on that hot CPU?
Looks good mate. How are the temps with the 420mm ?

Thanks Guys

I done very little testing so far as i mainly just been installing windows & apps and trying to set everthing up , Plus am going be waiting forever for my steam/xbox gamepass games to download on my crap 50mb line :(
Of the little testing i done the CPU still runs very hot even with the 420mm rad as it has still bounced a few cores off the 100c limit if left at the stock cpu/motherboard settings

But i did have a quick play with adding an undervolt in intel extreme tuning utility and that seemed to of stopped the cores hitting 100c but i need to double check this

Last edited:
Associate
I still remain unimpressed. I think they shot themselves in the foot with the frame that doesnt perform as good as other alternatives and they had all the control over the design to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom