Are you passionate over a particular driver and/or team?

Soldato
Can we have a poll please;

Are you passionate over a particular driver and/or team?

I'm not. I like the majority of drivers (not all), but mostly follow the British drivers. Team wise I want to see Mclaren and Williams do well again, and like Mercedes - but I think that's just stemmed from Lewis racing with them and now George.

Interested in how others enjoy the sport

EDIT: forgot to mention this is F1 related :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Nigel Mansell :D

Seriously, I’m like you and enjoy the sport overall. I have teams and drivers I prefer but if anyone else has a good race / session then happy to give them credit.

I’m as much interested in the technology/advancements and man and machine vs. track as anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
not been really all that interested since the days of Hill, Schumacher and Mansell by I always wanted Williams to win a Championship under Claire Williams. Not be be though

Associate
I generally take an interest in all the drivers and teams. If a team comes up with some cool tech, I might cheer for them that year, or if there’s an underdog driver I’d go for them.

Unpopular example, Max in 2021 after many years of Lewis dominance. Now I really want Lando to give Max a run for his money next year

Soldato
I like watching when a driver/team pushes above their weight. While there are drivers and teams I'd like to see do well, there are drivers I have respect for because of their skill and determination while others I respect for their attitude and positivity. It's disappointing when seeing teams do well they have one driver which can really excel in the car while the other has performance issues.

Still feel a bit tingly when Jenson is on the tellybox.

Soldato
Yeah, I've been a Mclaren fan since 1997 and I will support whoever drives for them, just happens that we have decent lads this year!

Last edited:
Soldato
Mclaren team first, but not with Lewis, definitely Lando though, but really any driver who wins a race or a title gets my vote because it is so hard to achieve.

Caporegime
Been a Renault fan for ages. In the many iterations.

But the new owners running of the team etc and the cold corporate feeling I get from alpine, the dire driver choices... It's really not a team I'd support now.
Probably one of the least appealing teams if I'm honest.

Its taken a lot of enjoyment away from f1.. As the actual racing is a bit dull often. So really, f1 doesn't appeal as much anymore.

Don't support a driver, but I like a few.

Always have a soft spot for alonso for the two championships in the early 2000s with Renault. Those were great memories.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nigel Mansell :D

Seriously, I’m like you and enjoy the sport overall. I have teams and drivers I prefer but if anyone else has a good race / session then happy to give them credit.

I’m as much interested in the technology/advancements and man and machine vs. track as anything.

The man was like a building tornado. Not really the ideal driver, but he would stress himself up, and keep on cranking the handle through a race, either winning or having a heart attack by the end.

I was at Brands Hatch in 1986. The most exciting race I have ever seen on the most exciting British racetrack. Certainly was an awesome day.

Soldato
Wouldn't say I'm passionate about any team or driver and just enjoy watching F1.

Been Williams fan since late 80s/ early 90s so always want them to do well.

As for the current drivers Danny Ric is my fave otherwise I'm not too bothered. I do enjoy when Lewis has a bad race. ;)

Soldato
If being passionate includes the absolute pathological and visceral loathing of Christian Horner, then yes.
OP didn’t say “passionately support” so this thread will get locked with the haters soon enough :p

Agreed on Horner (and Marko, and Jos) and of course Verstappen.

On the flip side I obviously support Hamilton. It’s easy to brush off his achievements both on and off the circuit (as some now do) but it can’t be understated as to what he’s done. He had a few years as a bit of a tool, but now he’s the ultimate spokesman and role model. F1 will be a hollow place without him on the grid.

I don’t mind McLaren now Zak Brown has seemingly grown out of his “sex pest “ look :p

Associate
I'm still an Alonso fan and used to be a regular Ferrari supporter, but only so many times you can support incompetence.

Otherwise I'm not a hardcore fan of any 1 team or driver. I admire RB and Max for what they've accomplished - if they didn't have that dumpster truck of a Renault engine for most of the first hybrid era, we might have seen an interesting 2020, maybe even 2019.

There are a couple drivers that I'd like to see win a GP, but if Merc never saw a podium again, I'd be absolutely fine with that - grey/silver is the perfect colour for them.

Back
Top Bottom