Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I guess it would be easily solved if everyone was forced to download all DLC, and then it would be a case of 'unlocking' it if you actually want to drive those cars.

Soldato
OP
It doesn't feel like the Ginetta I know and love, I'll give you that...
I've not driven it for a while, and there have been a lot of game updates since it's release, which I guess have affected the way it feels.
It's going to be updated soon, so hopefully you'll get to see why it got all those glowing reviews, and why we had three race series with it :)

To be fair though, those 911's last week (and the GT4 clubsport) are understeer city too :D

As for the Abarth... That thing's like driving in treacle!

Soldato
OP
Just seen your new laptime Pete. I said yesterday you'll be 2 seconds ahead of me before long and you didn't think you'd manage it! :p
I didn't think I'd improve, but after seeing some of Stuart's sector times, I made it my mission to see where I was losing out.

I think I did the same when you were ahead in the 911R :)
Having people go faster than you can really help you to go quicker too if you're willing/able to put in the time. The leader board really helps with that.
Oh, and slight lift/downshift is the way to go ;)

ED: I noticed that I have the slowest straightline speed in the Williams. Did anyone lower their rear wing? I left mine stock.

id suggest to anyone taking part to reads the forums linked in Uncle Petey's signature, some very good set up tips on there

You mean this? I really should read that properly one of these days :o

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
D-D-Double post!

Here's my Williams setup if anyone wants to try it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-vquWW7apz-QS1pZHRScUxtbW8
I'm sure it could be improved by a fair margin by someone who knows what they're doing.

Unzip and drop the text file in documents>AssettoCorsa>Setups>fc1_2009_williams_fw31>ks_brands_hatch

I'll have a look through my old Ginetta setups later on and see if I have anything that'll get it feeling better.

Soldato
OP
It was the same before I changed anything IIRC. The original time was done on a stock setup with lowered fuel.
The setup I posted does have a maxed front wing. Either way, despite the straight bits, Brands favours a handling setup on the faster cars IMO. It's all about entry and exit speed.

Anyway, I died many times in the course of doing that lap :D I lost count of how many times I was up on the delta before crashing somewhere or having a really crap sector elsewhere.

I'll have another go later, and if I can improve or even get near that time again, I'll post an onboard vid so you can see where the time is made up.

Oh, and if you click on the driver name on the leaderboard, you can see info like max speed etc. I imagine it's taken on the back straight before the fast right.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok, I've set damage to zero, Tyre wear and fuel rate remain at 100%.

I wasn't sure if they changed it to have tyre and body damage separate, so I originally kept damage at 50% to make sure that you'll still get punished for flat spotting and stuff.

Soldato
OP
Here's a 1:01 flat.

Still room for improvement - especially in sector 1, but you get the idea.

Btw, turning damage off has resulted in no possible flatspotting...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Get stuck in :)

Oh, that setup I posted has oddly changed a couple of things for some reason.
In the Electronics tab, change Brake Engine to 1/8 and put the rear wing to 50 (or lower if you're feeling brave).

Soldato
OP
I'm really enjoying the battle with Fireblade2K4 in the Williams :)
We've both got a 1:00.3 or lower in there, but getting it all done perfectly in a single lap is tricky as hell.

PinkFloyd, I don't know how you managed that time in the RS1600. I can't drive that thing at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The laps are so short in an F1 car that it makes it easy to rack them up pretty quickly. That thing's really addictive too :D

I'll have a go with RS later, but like I said the other night, it really isn't my cuppa tbh. I generally don't have much patience with cars that need stroking and wrestling to get around their vague handling and terrible brakes :D

Don't worry about the assists not showing, as the server's on factory settings and the car has no assist options anyway AFAIK.
Do you have the ptracker app switched on?

Soldato
OP
New challenge in the OP and congratulations to last week's winners :)

Williams FW31 - Stuart Gillard - 01:00.134
Ginetta G55 - ReeceVXR - 01:31.243
Ford RS1600 - PinkFloyd - 01:43.529
Abart 500 EsseEsse S1 - ReeceVXR - 01:50.200

Soldato
OP
They're just not my thing, but I try to get a decent mix of cars on the TT servers to accommodate different tastes :)
I'm a race car on slicks kinda guy.

That Ferrari is bloody lovely, eh? :D

Back
Top Bottom