** ASUS DO IT AGAIN: IPS, 144Hz & FREESYNC!!! Asus MG279Q thread **

Caporegime
Decided to just hold of till the end of the year and see what is what with monitors and GPU's, unfortunately none of the current monitors are ideal for me :( And AMD are slacking big time atm so chances are I will probably jump to nvidia......

Soldato
I'm so tempted to go and pick one up today. Desperately need to upgrade.

Any news on OcUK's ETA. I'm super surprised others are shipping and OcUk haven't got an ETA.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd have gotten one of these had it not been for the freesync issues, I hope they can fix it. Hate to say it but so far the premium for G-Sync seems worth it, just hope next gen Nvidia cards arn't to overpriced.

Associate
I'd still be prepared to buy one of these even with the 90Hz Freesync limit and 144Hz frame skipping - neither issue is a show-stopper - but not at £500. The price would need to come down closer to £400.

Associate
I am thinking of getting one as I have been waiting forever already and it cant be worse than a non free sync monitor can it ?

Associate
"At the same time confirmed the failure of the Asus engineers, who announces that the problem should be corrected in a new version of firmware. Since the software can not be updated without specialized equipment, however all screens first returned to the factory. Deliveries are expected to start again in 3-4 weeks."

Looks like its only a hiccup and will be fixed. Still on for buying this monitor.

Associate
"At the same time confirmed the failure of the Asus engineers, who announces that the problem should be corrected in a new version of firmware. Since the software can not be updated without specialized equipment, however all screens first returned to the factory. Deliveries are expected to start again in 3-4 weeks."

Looks like its only a hiccup and will be fixed. Still on for buying this monitor.

so where does it say that

Associate
Backlight issues / glow would be more of a problem for me than
timing issues under certain conditions that can be worked around
I like the general design and specs of it so I hope that Asus does not
let us down in terms of quality, they usually produce excellent products

Associate
I've seen the monitor in stock with etailers in Denmark, but it is Sunday, so they may all be subject to the recall tomorrow. Even if ASUS moves fast, it would have been difficult to put everything in place before the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom