** ASUS DO IT AGAIN: IPS, 144Hz & FREESYNC!!! Asus MG279Q thread **

Associate
"At the same time confirmed the failure of the Asus engineers, who announces that the problem should be corrected in a new version of firmware. Since the software can not be updated without specialized equipment, however all screens first returned to the factory. Deliveries are expected to start again in 3-4 weeks."

Looks like its only a hiccup and will be fixed. Still on for buying this monitor.

Source please?

Was about to go for the BenQ XL2037Z before this ASUS IPS showed up, but will certainly wait until these issues are rectified.

Caporegime
I'd have gotten one of these had it not been for the freesync issues, I hope they can fix it. Hate to say it but so far the premium for G-Sync seems worth it, just hope next gen Nvidia cards arn't to overpriced.

It only works from 40-90hz, big deal considering you can drop below 40 fps sometimes and the monitor is suppose to support 144hz.

I think this monitors scaler supports 35-90HZ Doogles, but FreeSync Technology supports much wider ranges.

This is a limitation of the scaler used, not of FreeSync. We've already seen two 40-144HZ FreeSync capable panels, with more to come as well.

Associate
If I'm not mistaken, BenQ XL2730Z supports the full range of freesync of 40-144hz.

Was really looking forward to purchasing this monitor, but this is a deal breaker for me.

Well, it's a different scenario.

We go beyond that range in that our minimum bound is 35 Hz, not 40 Hz, and also the MG279Q is an IPS rather than a TN.

Caporegime
3 things first:

- QC I.e. backlight bleed, severe IPS glow and are dead pixels going to be a common problem
- tftcentral or/and pcmonitors review
- if the frame skipping is a problem for all monitors

Until then, no buy! :p

Last edited:
Associate
I already had one preordered on here since a couple weeks ago but I didnt get any shipping notice yet so they didnt send me one, I can tell you whether its good or not if it does turn up sometime this week

Associate
3 things first:

- QC I.e. backlight bleed, severe IPS glow and are dead pixels going to be a common problem
- tftcentral or/and pcmonitors review
- if the frame skipping is a problem for all monitors

Until then, no buy! :p

:D

I am dying to buy this monitor but i also need the above before parting with this type of monies

Back
Top Bottom