Asus p5q-e and Q9550

Soldato
Whilst clocking disabled, once it's stable I will switch it back on.

Cool, obviously decreases temps and power consumption at idle.

Any other features to look at? Sorry I used to overclock with the previous generation of CPUs, non of these fancy CPUs.

I will be need VT technologies etc

Soldato
lol fancy CPUs.

I remeber my trusty old 286 and my first actually purchased CPU a grand 486 DX 33. I bet most of you don't remember them. You'd laugh today at a 33Mhz CPU.

Oh yes I remember the days. 286 12Mhz was my first CPU. And the first PC I built. Couldnt afford a new one.

I also remember the first Pentium £1000 for the CPU alone if I remember right.

I have flashed to mbios latest P5Q-E. Not tried to clock any more than I currently have.

Associate
OP
Yep I remember the P75. Thinking who would want one of them.

I think for a while I am going to sit at 3.7Ghz. Should speed up championship manager a little though.

Will post my settings later this week and maybe it will help someone else out.

Man of Honour
Well, i just can't get stable at 4.2Ghz even with the Mbios. Always fail on error between 13 and 15 hours. Still 4.13Ghz is a good overclock so i am happy. It's further than my DFI X48 could manage as that could'nt even hit 3.7Ghz. Playing with memory timings now to see what i can gain from them.

Some nice clocks there guy's. Glad my settings are of use.

Soldato
Well, i just can't get stable at 4.2Ghz even with the Mbios. Always fail on error between 13 and 15 hours. Still 4.13Ghz is a good overclock so i am happy. It's further than my DFI X48 could manage as that could'nt even hit 3.7Ghz. Playing with memory timings now to see what i can gain from them.

Some nice clocks there guy's. Glad my settings are of use.

Have you tried to set the GTL Refs.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202292

There used to be a great thread with some good explanations on the GTL refs for this board. Do you think I can find it now. lol

Man of Honour
Soldato
Having just spent a fortune on various bits I think I'll leave it. Thinking about it 3.6 is still nice.

Just need to sort out my massive core temp variation..

Back
Top Bottom