Autumn Budget 2015

Associate
Difficult decisions have to be made unfortunately. It's an impossible position to be in; he's going to upset someone whatever he does. He has a small pot that won't stretch to cover all needs.

Personally, my priorities are defence and law enforcement. I would like to see both entities given the funding and support they need to be World class.

Prioritising defence and law enforcement over education & health would be a stupid decision.

Associate
Yes, because everyone loves free cash. Shame that the rest of hard working people have to pay for it though.

I actually do not agree with tax credits but you are wrong on this point as they are used to top up the wages of low paid workers. It has nothing to do with how hard working you are and everything to do with what type of employment you are in.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
What utter drivel.

Oh its a lie the current chancellor said the deficit would be slashed/cut in 2015 is it ? Yet we currently have massive borrowing than ever before FACT.

Sorry he is incompetent and every single conservative government since the 1940s has been incompetent along with him. Apart from keeping the rich even richer.

Associate
OP
Tax credit cuts scrapped,thats good news

Yeah for those on the scrounge, the rest of us will foot the bill along with the pensioners who spent their entire lives trying to avoid living off the state.

Prioritising defence and law enforcement over education & health would be a stupid decision.

Not the way the world is shaping up at the minute, education may as well just be playing through Fallout 4 on hard mode.

In the current geo-political climate, not prioritising defence and law enforcement would be a stupid decision.

+1

Caporegime
LOL - so now they're getting criticised for reversing the tax credits changes? They're never going to please some people....

Associate
Let them starve.

I actually do not agree with tax credits but you are wrong on this point as they are used to top up the wages of low paid workers. It has nothing to do with how hard working you are and everything to do with what type of employment you are in.

I don't know if you aware, but the minimum wage is going up over this parliament to £9ph, plus increases to free child care and the tax free allowance.

Taken together, these negate the impact of changes to tax credits after next year.

As usual, the facts often get lost when free handouts from the government are cut back.

Note that there was no outcry when:
1) NI went up for higher rate tax payers.
2) Higher rate income tax band reduced.
3) Child benefit withdrawn from higher rate tax payers.

There's something wrong with the system when people can't be bothered to earn more money, if I get a promotion I'll be dragged into a 60% band as the personal allowance is withdrawn, totally not worth taking on the extra responsibilities IMO.

Back
Top Bottom