Autumn Budget 2015

Soldato
Yeah for those on the scrounge, the rest of us will foot the bill along with the pensioners who spent their entire lives trying to avoid living off the state.

Thanks for the insult. I didn't realise that a couple working 90 hours a week between them and receive a few quid to help with spiraling childcare costs fell in to the 'scrounger' category.

Soldato
Oh its a lie the current chancellor said the deficit would be slashed/cut in 2015 is it ? Yet we currently have massive borrowing than ever before FACT.

Sorry he is incompetent and every single conservative government since the 1940s has been incompetent along with him. Apart from keeping the rich even richer.
Ha! Can you hear yourself? Don't be so ridiculous.

Associate
That's only for those with children isn't it?

Couple with 1 or more children
Usually, at least 24 hours between you (with 1 of you working at least 16 hours)

https://www.gov.uk/working-tax-credit/eligibility

So dad works 2 days and mum works one 1 day, then lovely tax credits tops up your income, housing benefit pays your rent, and child benefit is your Xbox game fund for the month. Sounds great!

Caporegime
Do you think he did it out of the goodness of his heart or because it would have been political suicide?

Of course it wasn't out of the goodness of his heart... but it is better he rethink a policy that has been opposed by people within the party than just force it through. I was laughing at the people reacting venomously to the u-turn...

Soldato
I don't know if you aware, but the minimum wage is going up over this parliament to £9ph, plus increases to free child care and the tax free allowance.

Taken together, these negate the impact of changes to tax credits after next year.

As usual, the facts often get lost when free handouts from the government are cut back.

Note that there was no outcry when:
1) NI went up for higher rate tax payers.
2) Higher rate income tax band reduced.
3) Child benefit withdrawn from higher rate tax payers.

There's something wrong with the system when people can't be bothered to earn more money, if I get a promotion I'll be dragged into a 60% band as the personal allowance is withdrawn, totally not worth taking on the extra responsibilities IMO.

Except the tax cut was happening next year, the wage rise was being phased in, if the wage rise was to be phased in then surely so should the tax credit changes?

Soldato
Of course it wasn't out of the goodness of his heart... but it is better he rethink a policy that has been opposed by people within the party than just force it through. I was laughing at the people reacting venomously to the u-turn...

It was blocked in the Lords, he had no option but to change tact. Tory apologists are so unbelievable.

Soldato
Couple with 1 or more children
Usually, at least 24 hours between you (with 1 of you working at least 16 hours)

https://www.gov.uk/working-tax-credit/eligibility

So dad works 2 days and mum works one 1 day, then lovely tax credits tops up your income, housing benefit pays your rent, and child benefit is your Xbox game fund for the month. Sounds great!

Alternatively you have 2 parents, both working full time, and you get a few quid extra a month to help with childcare costs which would otherwise equate to a quarter of your household income.

I'm sick of people judging everyone who receives tax credits are the "dirty scroungers" the media portrays. There are a lot of people who go out there and work damned hard for their money but happen to earn less than the national average. You want to try doing that and still be expected to pay £650 a month to send you kid to nursery.

What's the alternative? Give up work, stay at home with kiddo and claim more benefits instead? Or should I just "work harder" and do 60 hours instead of 40?

:mad: /rant

Back
Top Bottom