• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

Soldato
Soldato
GPU prices not going down then… where is that thread? (Been deleted or…)

Although I don’t think they will go down at the high end, we have seen some more pressure on the lower end. You can buy a pretty good GPU for under £500 now. 5090 won’t be cheap mind you. I wonder how much a 4090 costs to build, but it would be a complete guess on my part. They must be hugely profitable though.

But when it comes to AI stuff for commercial clients, Nvidia will probably have no trouble selling them at 30-40k…

Last edited:
Soldato

Meta does not expect new Nvidia chips to arrive until at least next year​

Stock market today: Nvidia's new AI chip fails to impress investors as US futures dip​

market's muted reaction might reflect the significant complexity of producing the microchip — which could result in production delays and slower adoption — and the prospect of stricter regulation if Blackwell does become integral to the AI revolution.

Caporegime

Don't smoke your own supply.. comes to mind with the 30-40K price tag and the so called 6K price tag to make one... :rolleyes:

its7VWo.png

Soldato
Soldato
Yes companies are buying them from amazon lol... In single cards...

Here is one from ebay for you $65k....

Doesn't mean what they really cost and at what they cost in bulk .. :rolleyes:

In the same token, I doubt the price Jensen gave is bulk discounts either as that would be commercially sensitive information, he's giving the MSRP range

Last edited:
Soldato
In the same token, I doubt the price Jensen gave is bulk discounts either as that would be commercially sensitive information, he's giving the MSRP range

Exactly, who is buying just one of these chips? Most of these clients are buying in hundreds and beyond and have specific requirements.

Soldato
SK hynix announces 40gbps 2GB gddr7 modules.

With a 512 bit bus, a GPU with this memory would have 2.5TB/s bandwidth, which is a full 1TB/s more than the 1.5TB/s the RTX5090 is expected to have

Therefore the future looks bright on gddr7, there is plenty room to give GPUs more bandwidth for high resolution gaming in future

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't see a leather jacket
If you want Jansen Huang leather jacket made by Tom Ford, it will cost you $5,394.

Last edited:
Caporegime
He really is a knockoff Steve Jobs with this wearing the same thing gimmick. Everytime he gets an opportunity to flap his gums on stage and play with a clicker out comes the jacket.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom