BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Anyone know decent place to get a replacement heated glass mirror for the drivers side (PN 51167186588)? Not spending £400+ from BMW lol

Last edited:
Soldato
There is one on eBay for £100, although not a lot of feedback for the seller.

Soldato
Got an email saying some of my connected services are going to run out in April, is it normal from BMW not to give you a year as part of buying an AUC? Pretty sure Mercedes give you a year of all the services when buying an AUC. Makes good sense as it gives you a good chance to get to use the services and think if you can or cant do without

Last edited:
Commissario
Got an email saying some of my connected services are going to run out in April, is it normal from BMW not to give you a year as part of buying an AUC? Pretty sure Mercedes give you a year of all the services when buying an AUC. Makes good sense as it gives you a good chance to get to use the services and think if you can or cant do without
I have a feeling (could be wrong) that they're tied to the car, so if it was renewed in April 2023 then it'll expire a year later. I lost out a few months as my car was build around April 2020 but wasn't registered and purchased until September 2020. I contacted the dealer and was pretty much told there's nothing that can be done :(

Worth contacting your dealer and see if you get anything better??

Man of Honour
When was the car registered?

You are supposed to get 3 years of service with a new BMW. To achieve this, the service is activated for 3 years and 3 months from the production date of the car, not the registration date. This means that in theory most people get a bit more than 3 years as it was rare a car would take more than 3 months to be registered after production. COVID changed things a bit and there are quite a few cars where owners are finding the 3 year service is expiring before the car has been registered for 3 years.

There is no Connected Drive offer with an approved used car.

Soldato
Can someone verify something for me please?

I serviced my 2017 M240i June 2023 on around 54k miles. I had the following done:
- Engine oil service with microfilter
- Brake fluid service
- Vehicle check

I've just noticed that the service status in the car is saying the above engine oil and vehicle check are next due in 04/2024 but also in 4900 miles (car is near 59k miles). Can I assume the mileage takes precedence over the date? I assume so because when I got a quote for a service plan from BMW (I didn't go for it after all), their plan had stated the first (minor) service in June 2023 as I carried it out, and the next (major) in June 2025. Previous (major) service when spark plugs, air and pollen filters were changed was on 37k miles in 2021.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope but just checked and my 21 plate M5 Comp is worth £1.5k more than I paid for it at a main dealer a month or so ago, so it looks like you are right seeing as it normally come in under main dealer prices
Must NOT check.............. Bought mine New. Totally trying to ignore depreciation........ Got the Ultimate pack so that'll help...A tiny bit

Associate
I didn't use my M850i for about 5 weeks due to some travel and wife getting a new car. Battery almost dead (just about started but battery warning, weird behaviour and had to charge up from almost nothing) and seized brake. It probably hasn't had a battery from new but still - disappointing. Got to get this thing sold, probably after summer. Feels like it's rotting away :(

Soldato

I serviced my 2017 M240i June 2023 on around 54k miles. I had the following done:
- Brake fluid service
- Vehicle check

I've just noticed that the service status in the car is saying the above are next due in 04/2024 but also in 4900 miles (car is near 59k miles). Can I assume the mileage takes precedence over the date? I assume so because when I got a quote for a service plan from BMW (I didn't go for it after all), their plan had stated the first (minor) service in June 2023 as I carried it out, and the next (major) in June 2025. Previous (major) service when spark plugs, air and pollen filters were changed was on 37k miles in 2021.
I do the service whatever comes first, the mileage or the date

Man of Honour

- Brake fluid service
- Vehicle check

I've just noticed that the service status in the car is saying the above are next due in 04/2024 but also in 4900 miles (car is near 59k miles).
Why would it need doing again so soon? M240i IIRC is 2 yearly service intervals (or mileage based but nothing near 5k miles).

Soldato

- Brake fluid service
- Vehicle check

I've just noticed that the service status in the car is saying the above are next due in 04/2024 but also in 4900 miles (car is near 59k miles). Can I assume the mileage takes precedence over the date? I assume so because when I got a quote for a service plan from BMW (I didn't go for it after all), their plan had stated the first (minor) service in June 2023 as I carried it out, and the next (major) in June 2025. Previous (major) service when spark plugs, air and pollen filters were changed was on 37k miles in 2021.
What does the vehicle inspection comprise of? My M240i has just popped up saying it's due in March but also due in 3000 miles.

Soldato
Why would it need doing again so soon? M240i IIRC is 2 yearly service intervals (or mileage based but nothing near 5k miles).
That's why i thought it was odd that the display was showing 04/2024...My research in 2023 suggested it's every 2 years indeed. So i don't know if the garage manually set the next due date or if it is automatically chosen by the car.

Man of Honour
That's why i thought it was odd that the display was showing 04/2024...My research in 2023 suggested it's every 2 years indeed. So i don't know if the garage manually set the next due date or if it is automatically chosen by the car.
Are you sure it's not showing vehicle inspection? What does it show for engine service?

Did the garage who did the service last year update the iDrive?

Back
Top Bottom