BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I'm really after changing my Megane Trophy for an M2. I quite like the look of this car which is a facelift 67 plate so must've one of the first ones. I'm new to BMW so would appreciate some input from you guys who know more about these.

Soldato
Soldato
I'm really after changing my Megane Trophy for an M2. I quite like the look of this car which is a facelift 67 plate so must've one of the first ones. I'm new to BMW so would appreciate some input from you guys who know more about these.

Get a long test drive in one, the suspension is firm with a capital F. When I got mine, I wasn't sure I could tolerate it. I am now used to it but eventually will probably fit Litchfield Bilstein suspension. Having said that, drove 100 miles down to London yesterday, and driving back this afternoon, and quite happy now with it.

The car you have found is pretty standard'ly specced. It is up to you, but I particularly sought one with the icon adaptive headlights, which are quite a bit better than the standard headlights, they also look better. It has additional beam splitting included, depends what your driving is like etc. My car ended up having sunroof, speed limit display and driving 'assistant' (useless). Sunroof is nice, but a lot of people don't like them in M cars.

Make sure you get the essentials such as folding mirrors, heated seats & harmon kardon. The standard system is pants, however easily upgradeable.
Run in service etc is a must for future value, so make sure it was done on time.

6 years old it will require a diff oil service, so make sure this is done.

Soldato
Look on iDrive under the 'service requirements' section, check all of the dates on there for each item.
Forgot to update about this. I have changed the date of the inspection. Rear brakes are showing as 3200 miles but this number hadn't changed since I first saw it and have done quite a few miles since then.

Man of Honour
Forgot to update about this. I have changed the date of the inspection. Rear brakes are showing as 3200 miles but this number hadn't changed since I first saw it and have done quite a few miles since then.

The brakes counter is just a rough estimate based on mileage patterns/driving style. They've removed it on newer cars.

Man of Honour
Similar story with my brakes ..got to change my front pads soon, but dealer saying that I should consider changing the discs too.

The car has only done 40k miles, of which 25-30k on motorways.

Basically are the dealers just talking bs to upsell and make more £££?

Man of Honour
They've removed it on newer cars.

They didn't, it's just hidden until it gets to the point at which they'll soon need replacement.

I can't quite remember the exact numbers but I think it counts down based on an estimate until it hits a certain point, at which point it waits until the first stage wear sensor is hit before it continues counting down.

Man of Honour
They didn't, it's just hidden until it gets to the point at which they'll soon need replacement.

I can't quite remember the exact numbers but I think it counts down based on an estimate until it hits a certain point, at which point it waits until the first stage wear sensor is hit before it continues counting down.

Interesting, I have seen it appear once after the car had been into BMW, but then it disappeared again so I thought it was a glitch or something.

Caporegime
Similar story with my brakes ..got to change my front pads soon, but dealer saying that I should consider changing the discs too.

The car has only done 40k miles, of which 25-30k on motorways.

Basically are the dealers just talking bs to upsell and make more £££?
54k miles, 2015 428i and still on my original discs AFAIK. Front and rear pads I changed last year.

Man of Honour
@MissChief yeah I've emailed my local BMW indie to see how much they'll charge. BMW charging 230 for just the pad change.

Msport pads are very dusty but I've had my alloys refurbed and powder coated black so not so much of a Biggie nowadays :cry:

Soldato
Mine look fine, and the MOT tester last month said they had loads of life.
However, they squeal a lot.
I'd change the pads on mine, but money is a little tight at the moment. So I'll just do them when needed. And ignore the squeal.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom