*breaking news* Boston Marathon explosions

Soldato
It was said on a new report earlier they think the bombs were inside bins, looking at the injuries they all seem to be lower limbs, this backs up what they believe. It does not look like the bombs had ball bearings in otherwise the injuries would have been more wide spread and random as to where they hit, the blast looked contained to a small section only.

Another post I read says that if it had gone off 2 hours earlier it could have been 100% times worse as it was packed. That area was also the family meet/greet area.

Caporegime
In that photo it looks like that's the second explosion, he could have heard the first explosion and on his way to investigate the second one has gone off at the moment the photo was taken. Not sure why people are getting all worked up over it, it doesn't prove anything other than there was someone standing on a roof.

Soldato
I looked a ******** i wish i hadn't now, god the pictures are bad.

Same here. Dreadful pictures but they do reveal the true horror. There are two women in one picture, both look dead to me - one in a blue top who has lost her legs and a medic is checking for a pulse in her neck.

Several others with limbs missing.

Awful.

Soldato
Same here. Dreadful pictures but they do reveal the true horror. There are two women in one picture, both look dead to me - one in a blue top who has lost her legs and a medic is checking for a pulse in her neck.

Several others with limbs missing.

Awful.

Yeah that one hit a nerve with me, then the bloke in the wheelchair.

It is truly awful, its bad enough looking at it sitting at home but imagine being there.

Part of me wants to look at the photos...but part of me doesnt :(

I dont think i will.

Yeah it's a good choice to be honest, your really not missing much. I really wish i hadn't now.

Soldato
Yeah that one hit a nerve with me, then the bloke in the wheelchair.

It is truly awful, its bad enough looking at it sitting at home but imagine being there.

Yeah it's a good choice to be honest, your really not missing much. I really wish i hadn't now.

Agreed, I looked at them about 5 minutes ago and it's actually making me feel very uneasy now. Truly awful.

Associate
BBC News just reported on Reuters reporting that "no additional explosive devices have been found"

That may not indicate good news. Whomever did this planned a co-ordinated attack with both explosions apparently being set off simultaneously in an area which must have been high security. Who's to say that those who carried out the attack haven't placed explosive devices in very well hidden places? What about if they've put them across other cities in the US?

I'm not one for speculation, just stating that the security forces in the US should remain cautious and vigilant.

Also, it will be interesting to find out who the culprits (assuming a group) are of this attack - at the moment, I do not have much of an idea; however, given that this doesn't seem to be a suicide bombing I am not sure of Al Qaeda involvement. That is not to rule them out though, and it is even more worrying if it turns out to be them as it would suggest they are branching out from their normal suicide bombing roles.

Associate
Watching the videos on sky news and it's quite amazing how people react to the explosion. It's easy to think you'd run in to help the injured as many do but I can't say my initial instinct would be to do the same.

Soldato
Should read: TWO people "MURDERED", 50 Injured - not "KILLED" as it is perfectly legal to kill someone, in "Warfare", like "I killed two Germans in world war II, as they were attacking me" Murder, on the other hand, is cold blooded, and takes the life of an INNOCENT person, from (presumably) a "terrorist"

Though shalt not murder, is very different to "thou shalt not kill".

anyway.....Pretty bad stuff

:-/

Soldato
http://edge.********.com/80281E/s/s/20/media20/2013/Apr/15/********-dot-com-ad6bdfa48b65-tumblr_mlbgmocotr1qz581wo2_500.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bad1904d43d9d62995&ec_rate=200
According to Sky News the injured count is up to 130 now.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom