Brewdog

Soldato
Anyone else a fan?

Been drinking Brewdog a while now I really like their stuff.

The (I think) OG Punk IPA is ok..... But the Hazy Jane and Elvis Juice are damn good. I could drink Hazy Jane all day and the Elvis Juice but at 6.5% it'll get you mangled.

Some of the other ones are really good as well.

Fair play to what I believe (please correct me if not) still an independent brewery.

Makes a change from most of the mass produced *****.

Soldato
I find it painfully expensive for very average beer, it's not terrible at least but I wouldn't rate it any higher than any other shop bought "premium" beer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Brewdog is one of those very big brewers pretending to be a small one, once you are in Tesco, you can’t really call yourself ‘craft’. It’s a bit like Bevertown which is owned by Heineken.

As far as I’m concerned the beer is generally good and I quite like the variety you can get, particularly their fruity offerings like Elvis Juice and Clockwork Tangerine. Some of their collaborations are good, Mrs Sk8 particularly likes the Parma Violet one and I’m forbidden from touching her stash of those.

I am partial to Belgium beer as well, you have to watch the alcohol content on those though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Favourites are -

Punk
Tangerine Clockwork
Jackhammer
Elvis Juice
Lost

Not keen on the overly sweet ones like Marshmallow and parma violets, its a bit of fun but wouldn't buy again.

Like the variety at Brewdog though.

Associate
Very hit and miss. Loads of great beers and loads of terrible ones too. Candy Kittens I mean what the **** this is alcopop nonsense. Their Nitro Stout was fantastic.

Their branding and marketing is also really good which is probably why their Mr President has gone from £2 a 330ml bottle to £4 a 440ml can.

Brewdog is one of those very big brewers pretending to be a small one, once you are in Tesco, you can’t really call yourself ‘craft’. It’s a bit like Bevertown which is owned by Heineken.

It's a nonsense term for ******* who think they need to spend £8 for an excellent beer.

Caporegime
This TBH. They try to portray themselves as small time, fighting against the big companies but they're a big company now.

They tried to trademark the word 'Punk'.

They have a history of inviting marketing people for interview, asking them to pitch ideas, promotions and adverts from them as part of the interview, then telling the applicants they haven't been successful then using their ideas anyway.

I don't drink, but I'm no fan of theirs at all. The CEO is apparently a bully and not particularly nice.

Soldato
Not a fan. Don't think they taste great, I would prefer nearly any other equivalent beer. Try and find a decent beer shop, the likelihood is that there will be nicer beers brewed more locally to you. Even the shop at my local train station has a fantastic selection of craft ales.

Whereabouts in the country do you live?

Also have heard that it is run by turds.

Last edited:
Soldato
This TBH. They try to portray themselves as small time, fighting against the big companies but they're a big company now.

They tried to trademark the word 'Punk'.

They have a history of inviting marketing people for interview, asking them to pitch ideas, promotions and adverts from them as part of the interview, then telling the applicants they haven't been successful then using their ideas anyway.

I don't drink, but I'm no fan of theirs at all. The CEO is apparently a bully and not particularly nice.
All of this.

Some of the beers are pretty nice. But for the price I'll look elsewhere, money talks. Bit like Apple really - sometimes the product is good but I still won't spend my money on it because personal politics.

Soldato
Not one for us and if we do buy from the supermarket, it will (depending on location) be Vocation.

If you pass the Londis in Bethesda North Wales regularly or will be passing, then take a moment to stop off there and check out their massive selection of local craft beers.

FB Link to Londis

Last edited:
Soldato

To be fair, that is a character trait of many successful CEOs. Not to speak ill of the dead but someone mentioned Apple above, Steve Jobs was renowned for being very difficult to work with. That’s the polite version and ultimately he isn’t alone in that space.

Credit where credit is due, the guy took on the big brewers and caught them with their pants well and firmly down.

Very hit and miss. Loads of great beers and loads of terrible ones too. Candy Kittens I mean what the **** this is alcopop nonsense. Their Nitro Stout was fantastic.

I quite liked the candy kittens beer but then I have a very sweet tooth.

I’m very partial to a Timmerman’s or Lindeman’s lambic beer, very nice on a hot summers day, or even a cold winters night like last night :p

also try northern monk great beer ...
Agreed, I think they have it in my local Tesco. Someone also mentioned Vocation, that’s also decent.

Edit: Home bargains has Leffe Blonde and Brown in for £1/330ml bottle at the moment so I have plenty of that in too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Honestly if you want a decent beer just go down your local Wetherspoons and buy a pint of one of the cask ales from an actual craft brewery. It’ll be £2-3 a pint and better than any keg “craft” beer from the likes of Brewdog.

Though I do like some of Brewdog’s stouts :D

Last edited:
Soldato
For mass produced rubbish it’s on the better side but if you like Brewdog you’d love Craft Beer! Find a local brewery to you that produces craft beer with American hops and you’ll find some truly stunning brews!

I love Gloucester Brewery for example.

Brewdog will go back to its place on the supermarket shelf next to Fosters/Heineken/Carlsberg before you can say flavour!

Back
Top Bottom