Clarkson's Farm

Soldato
Certainly is a brutal episode, but that's farming, as he said most farmers love their animals but having to deal with deaths, hardens you overtime, it has too because otherwise it would be too much.

Soldato
Quite enjoyed the Groove Armada segment, be interesting to see how good the yield is at harvest.
remember, its not about the yield, its about the money, less (a **** ton less) money spent on fertilizer, offsets the smaller yield. It will make them more money if it works. Can't see no reason why it wont, after all Charlie was all in on it and he's a walking farmers bible. He knows his stuff

Associate
A lot of the show is set up for Jeremy to act like an idiot but parts of it are honest (especially the "harrowing" episode). I thought the argument between Jeremy and the Caleb was real (looked like the Foetus really wanted to knock him out :)

Soldato
Plenty of comedy moments as expected but this is the first season that's really shown the 'other side' of farming in detail, wonder what the last 4 episodes will bring after the emotional roller-coaster these 4 episodes were.

Charlie really gave off Head Teacher vibes in ep3 telling Clarkson and Kaleb off.

Caporegime
If they didn't induce the pig do you think it would have kept going long enough for them not to be all runts?
Animals dying is just life though.

Seagulls will eat ducklings, swans will kill them etc. seems normal for 50% or less survival rate in the wild

Amazing 4 episodes. Am struggling to think of anything on TV recently that is above it.

Reality of livestock farming really showing there.

I did LOL at the H&S harness stuff. As much as it will save your life, it 100% shows how it creates lots of small incidents.
I have spent years seeing similar, and its why people often try to resist using it.
1 in 100,000 chance of something really bad happening, vs 1 in 100 chance of some annoying thing happening with the H&S equipment. (Nipped fingers etc type of stuff)

Soldato
shows how utter trash TV has became to the point most people seem to not watch it anymore
Personally, I think TV's never been better. There's just more of it, so yes, there's loads of trash but I don't find it hard to not watch it. I think there have maybe been two or three shows I've started and then decided they aren't for me, but I know some people have loved the show (Sons of Anarchy for example)

Soldato
Excellent so far, the whole show highlights how hard it is for farmers (Clarkson is obviously fine but if your sole income is farming it is brutal) and as others have said the last episode is pretty devastating but that's just the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom