Soldato
We are currently rolling out this service to all our customers. Please wait to receive your email before you try to login. We look forward to welcoming you to our new online account very soon.
Looks like you have to wait for an email first before you can create an account.

Associate
You'll get it soon. It's Shrodingers fibre, the more you look the longer it'll take :D

Check the streetworks map in your area it might give an indication when they're planning to work in your street. I think Kelly Communications were contracted on behalf of CF when I was looking at the upcoming roadworks in my area. I've said in a previous post it took about 6 months from cable running date to available install to give you an idea of the lead time.
they just did the fibre on the outside of my house but they went to check it and said the road wasn't live

Soldato
Just got an email about the usual April mid-contract price rise. Luckily still works out under £27 for my current 1GB package.

Got another email too about some maintenance work in my area during the 3rd of April between 12am to 4am.

Still no email about creating an account on the site however.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
they just did the fibre on the outside of my house but they went to check it and said the road wasn't live
It took me a few months after they installed the fibre in the street for mine to go live. Oct '21 it was being done in my road, and by January '22 it was available for order. You're nearly there!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just got an email about the usual April mid-contract price rise. Luckily still works out under £27 for my current 1GB package.

Got another email too about some maintenance work in my area during the 3rd of April between 12am to 4am.

Still no email about creating an account on the site however.

Same here.

Caporegime
Current advertised pricing is £21 for 150Mbps and £26 for 1Gbps so at a guess you might save £2 by opting for 500Mbps if it was an option, which isn't a saving worth making IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was hoping if they did it'd replace the 150 price slot and 150 moves down to like £15 :D

All the other bills have gone up so a good saving would help.

1GBps another 2y it is!

Associate
What DNS server do you guys use? Does it even matter much if I change it from the default Community Fibre one, in terms of speed and privacy?

Soldato
What DNS server do you guys use? Does it even matter much if I change it from the default Community Fibre one, in terms of speed and privacy?
Cloudflare behind a Pihole. I don't know if it's a huge difference but Cloudflare's DNS servers are: 1) Easy to remember (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) and 2) The fastest I've seen in tests online.

Associate
Cloudflare behind a Pihole. I don't know if it's a huge difference but Cloudflare's DNS servers are: 1) Easy to remember (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) and 2) The fastest I've seen in tests online.
Do you have the Linksys router? If so, do you set the pihole's private IP as the DNS server on the DHCP of your router? Or disable the router's DHCP and then enable the DHCP on the pihole?

I use the same setup except I use unbound as a local recursive DNS server instead of using an upstream one.

Soldato
Do you have the Linksys router? If so, do you set the pihole's private IP as the DNS server on the DHCP of your router? Or disable the router's DHCP and then enable the DHCP on the pihole?

I use the same setup except I use unbound as a local recursive DNS server instead of using an upstream one.
Ah no I don't use the included router. I've got another router and it's set to handle DHCP and it advertises the pihole ip as the main DNS server and the router as a secondary.

Associate
its live at last no more intermitten 5g for me
Grats. Note for pricing, if you're thinking of waiting on an offer, the last couple of months suggests CF no longer offers any additional savings on the general month to month payment for their service. At least, not as frequently as before. If there is going to be any type of saving, you might be able to get something during a major sale time (Black Friday for example), but it's unlikely to be any major saving (no installation fee, etc is most likely the most you get) during any other time. And of course we're not really near a major sale moment any time soon.

So if you can get the service now, you might want to just hop on to it now rather than wait for a sale of some kind that may (or may not) turn up (and have any further saving involved). The 1gb service is now £26, but that's still one of the better prices out there.

Associate
Had this yesterday also. Images on certain websites would take ages to load. I put it down to something dodgy going on with CGNAT.

Have had a few small issues like this with them. With Virgin it always worked.

We might be selling and buying a bigger house soon so might end up back with Virgin anyway as only half the houses I have shortlisted have Community Fibre and all have Virgin :cry:
Same here with CGNAT install. Truly awful performance until I set IPV6 to passthrough. Then instant. Sucks that this is not the default setting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom