Constellation | Apple TV+

Soldato
Just finished episode 4. This is the best scifi on TV in years much better than I was expecting, after how pants Invasion and Foundation are on Apple I didn't have high hopes.

Some of these mysterious type shows are just weird for the sake of it but you can see how all the oddness is coming together into a cohesive narrative.

Noomi Rapace is really, really good too, in fact the whole cast is spot on.

I like.

Soldato
Just finished ep 3. Keeps on keeping on. Excited to see ep 4 tomorrow, would have watched tonight but the better half was too tired.

On a side note. If you are enjoying this and you haven't watched Counterpart, with the excellent JK Simmons amongst others, check it out. 2 seasons, similar ideas. I really enjoyed that one.

Soldato
Just finished ep 3. Keeps on keeping on. Excited to see ep 4 tomorrow, would have watched tonight but the better half was too tired.

On a side note. If you are enjoying this and you haven't watched Counterpart, with the excellent JK Simmons amongst others, check it out. 2 seasons, similar ideas. I really enjoyed that one.

I started watching that, must revisit.

Soldato
So am I getting the gist of this show right? The experiment caused them to switch places. She's in a reality where the Russian cosmonaut died and it was dragged into her reality and crashed into the ISS..
But then why did both versions of the ISS explode. It feels like I'm watching 2 versions of each character and having to work out which is which, or is it just 1 version but she's the odd one out. Why for example was she invisible for a bit whilst in that office.
Tbh I have been half watching it and I think it demands more attention to be full understood, as I am a little lost atm.

Last edited:
Soldato
So am I getting the gist of this show right? The experiment caused them to switch places. She's in a reality where the Russian cosmonaut died and it was dragged into her reality and crashed into the ISS..
But then why did both versions of the ISS explode. It feels like I'm watching 2 versions of each character and having to work out which is which, or is it just 1 version but she's the odd one out. Why for example was she invisible for a bit whilst in that office.
Tbh I have been half watching it and I think it demands more attention to be full understood, as I am a little lost atm.
I have a feeling the version of her that came home was the version that was supposed to die? But she's taken the life of the one who lived. Does...does that make any sense lol?

Soldato
I have a feeling the version of her that came home was the version that was supposed to die? But she's taken the life of the one who lived. Does...does that make any sense lol?
I think it's more nuanced than that, it's quantam stuff, there's one of her existing in different states at the same time, the machine is some kind of trigger for those states switching.

Not quite figured out what the lithium is about.

Soldato
I think it's more nuanced than that, it's quantam stuff, there's one of her existing in different states at the same time, the machine is some kind of trigger for those states switching.

Not quite figured out what the lithium is about.
Im hoping it is, its just when we watched the swap to the funeral, then the tape recordings, they seem to follow both of those timelines.

Associate
I decided to watch this having read this thread and 4 episodes in and I’m bored. I doubt this’ll improve much if at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
After watching this weeks episode, is the kid the 'copy' as she really didn't want Mum listening to those tapes?
No, technically that's not "her" mom, I still believe now she is in the life of the version that died on re entry.
Its the same person but who's life was running parallel to each others, but had small differences in them, or big differences.
I guess it was more obvious when the girls said she doesn't speak an Finnish, in the very first scene she's chatting to her in native language. THen we did see her find "another" version of her, whcih I assume is her "real" timeline daughter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom