Constellation | Apple TV+

Associate
So am I getting the gist of this show right? The experiment caused them to switch places. She's in a reality where the Russian cosmonaut died and it was dragged into her reality and crashed into the ISS..
But then why did both versions of the ISS explode. It feels like I'm watching 2 versions of each character and having to work out which is which, or is it just 1 version but she's the odd one out. Why for example was she invisible for a bit whilst in that office.
Tbh I have been half watching it and I think it demands more attention to be full understood, as I am a little lost atm.

It's interesting, it appears she is moving between a couple of different realities, highlighted by the fact that she was at a computer in an office but the two guys that came into the room were not aware she was there, and yet when she got into the face of one, he momentarily saw something. Her daughter is also moving between realities, as evidenced in the helicopter scene when she for a second was the only person on it. Looks like touching her mother had an effect, and yet no effect on her husband etc.

But somewhat different for the old US astronaut who is aware of his alternate self (BUD) and in fact managed to make him appear in a mirror and talk to him.

Also She is mostly in the "other" reality from the one she left, husband is now astranged, daughter never learned swedish. Can we assume Henry ( the us astronaut) is also in his wrong reality, and BUD is in the correct one ?

Last edited:
Soldato
It's interesting, it appears she is moving between a couple of different realities, highlighted by the fact that she was at a computer in an office but the two guys that came into the room were not aware she was there, and yet when she got into the face of one, he momentarily saw something. Her daughter is also moving between realities, as evidenced in the helicopter scene when she for a second was the only person on it. Looks like touching her mother had an effect, and yet no effect on her husband etc.

But somewhat different for the old US astronaut who is aware of his alternate self (BUD) and in fact managed to make him appear in a mirror and talk to him.

Also She is mostly in the "other" reality from the one she left, husband is now astranged, daughter never learned swedish. Can we assume Henry ( the us astronaut) is also in his wrong reality, and BUD is in the correct one ?
Remember that the proximity of the CAL seems to bridge between the two realities (with the tape in the car).

When she was in the office and appeared to be invisible, she was pretty close to it....

Associate
Remember that the proximity of the CAL seems to bridge between the two realities (with the tape in the car).

When she was in the office and appeared to be invisible, she was pretty close to it....
That's a good point, which would suggest something a bit different is going on with her compared to the old astronaut who is aware of his other self. Not sure what to make of the helicopter thing and the daughter, can't recall if the device was in the copter ?He did say to his other self that the experiement was making things worse.

Soldato
That's a good point, which would suggest something a bit different is going on with her compared to the old astronaut who is aware of his other self. Not sure what to make of the helicopter thing and the daughter, can't recall if the device was in the copter ?He did say to his other self that the experiement was making things worse.
I bet the cliff hanger is she see herself, or speaks to herself in some weird way out of the blue, like she sees another woman taking her daughter at the cabin lake.
Though that doesn't make sense, cause if the "other" her is dead, maybe that's why things are different for her

Associate
This week was good, a bit of a cheaper one for them to make as many of the scenes were the same as scenes from previous episodes filmed from a different angle and had one person replaced by another.

However other than showing that cu3ed was correct and that there is a reality where she died (and the black guy lived), it didn't really progress the story too much, just making a bit of sense of a lot of previously seen scenes. It is interesting that the black guy came back to yet another different reality where the experiment apparently never existed.

1)"Original" (for want of a better name) reality where the experiment went up with them, she is happily married and daughter speaks swedish, henry the astronaut exists
2) Another reality where she comes back to a world where she is astranged to her husband, daughter doesn't speak swedish, henry exists and is aware of Bud
3) And a reality where she doesn't come back and the experiment never went up with them, the black guy comes back looking for Henry, he doesn't exist but Bud does.....if I am reading it right ?

Last edited:
Soldato
This week was good, a bit of a cheaper one for them to make as many of the scenes were the same as scenes from previous episodes filmed from a different angle and had one person replaced by another.

However other than showing that cu3ed was correct and that there is a reality where she died (and the black guy lived), it didn't really progress the story too much, just making a bit of sense of a lot of previously seen scenes. It is interesting that the black guy came back to yet another different reality where the experiment apparently never existed.

1)"Original" (for want of a better name) reality where the experiment went up with them, she is happily married and daughter speaks swedish, henry the astronaut exists
2) Another reality where she comes back to a world where she is astranged to her husband, daughter doesn't speak swedish, henry exists and is aware of Bud
3) And a reality where she doesn't come back and the experiment never went up with them, the black guy comes back looking for Henry, he doesn't exist but Bud does.....if I am reading it right ?
I liked the slight twist that his reality their is no existence of the experiment at all, I feel worse for him, cause he has NOTHING to go on lol.
I think its based on two realities, well at least so far. However didnt we get a scene where the father was with the daughter and running through the forest where the cabin is?. That sticks out a little unless something happens in the cabin now that they have gone there.
Great story telling and editing though for the fact I can mange to follow this at all.
Then their is in the recordings remembering don't we hear her " burning up" or something?
If theirs a 3rd timeline that would be cool.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
It nice to have engage brain TV again.

I get the TV to myself and the rest of the "Thicko`s" in the house cant follow it or just say its rubbish as its too confusing :)

Caporegime
It'll be one of those shows that gets cancelled before it gets explain so I stopped watching

after watching episode 6 and seeing only 2 eps left I'm out.

I don't care about someone's family life either, it's basically turning into a drama

Soldato
Foundation is poop, it's like Dawson's Creek in space, just takes itself far too seriously, every scene is like the most dramatic thing that's ever happened in the history of the galaxy. I gave up with it.

Silo I didn't manage to finish the Pilot yet but will give it another go.

Constellation is bloody ace though. It is starting to pull the threads together. Haven't watched a series where I'm actually looking forward to the next episode each week for many years.

Soldato
Both the husband and daughter are both absolute tools
Are they?...In one his wife is cheating on him and she's been away in space from her daughter. The other shes died as a faithful wife and doesn't even have a body to bury. Not sure he's meant to be jolly.

Back
Top Bottom