Corsair RBG Owners Club

Soldato
That worked - thanks. I'm sure when I downloaded the firmware yesterday through CUE software, I had checked the website and the new CUE software wasn't there.
The main problem for me now is the save profile to hardware function has disappeared so I cannot overwrite my old profile which means if the CUE software is not loaded the "\" key led still does not light up:(

Associate
OP
I can't seem to change the colour of my keys from default. I downloaded kipz heat sensitive profile and it won't change from the red with blue wasd keys it started on. Any ideas? Latest firmware installed.

Try right click the system try icon and select that profile.

Associate
Finally a lit up \ key. Tempted to get a matching M65 mouse when they are in stock.

Does the mouse LEDs sync up with the keyboard? That would be cool. I think the new Razer RGB range have that ability, across the mouse/keyboard/headphones, (not that I'm buying any more razer, apart from the comfy headset I have).

I will try and get my \ and # keys lit up on my K95, I updated the firmware but there was still no option of English UK in the list.

Associate
Look under the device tab on the settings section of cue, keyboard language settings are there. The language setting in the program tab (programme :rolleyes:) is just the CUE language i think. To get mine to light up i had to go Profiles -> lighting then right click on the key and clear aswell as reset to default, then just select your colour or add it to a group on the profile or whatever. There is a new version of CUE out if you didn't grab that aswell but i didn't need it to get the lights to switch on, mine did it in the older version then i updated CUE after.

I'm not really sure about the mouse LEDs synching with the Keyboard, would be ccol though.

Associate
So I've been working on a few rainbow profiles, adapting the MEGARAINBOW from the Corsair forums, I'll get round to posting them some time.

Has anyone read this other more shocking news? More shocking than the stock shortages?

Link below:
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133172

Basically people are noticing the stuttering when you have a slow changing fade, and some intelligent people are specualting the actual number of colours possible from this keyboard is only 512, not the advertised 16.8 million.

Thoughts?

Associate
OP
Damn, that really is a shame. I too have noticed the blatant switching between colours instead of the nice fade. If it turns out that the problem is actually due to hardware I'm seriously considering sending it back until someone comes out with one that is up to the job.

Permabanned
The LEDs can be controlled as far as the controller can take them, the controller needs to receive input to tell it what stepping to use, the input (from software) is what is wrong, not the keyboard.

It could also be a USB bandwidth issue (since this is USB 2.0 I believe, USB 3.0 should solve it).

Just because he is observing there are apparent 8 steps does not mean the keyboard only supports 8 steps. 256 steps^3 will bring it near the supported 16.8 million colours.

Soldato
If you read through the linked thread, there's some speculation that the hardware used doesn't have the performance or bandwidth to control the LEDs with the necessary precision. If true then no amount of firmware or software updates will fix it.

If this turns out to be the case then Corsair will have a PR disaster on their hands with this, given the amount of hype and how long people have been waiting.

Permabanned
If you read through the linked thread, there's some speculation that the hardware used doesn't have the performance or bandwidth to control the LEDs with the necessary precision. If true then no amount of firmware or software updates will fix it.

If this turns out to be the case then Corsair will have a PR disaster on their hands with this, given the amount of hype and how long people have been waiting.

I'll read the rest of the thread in the evening. Only read the first post.

Associate
OP
Read the entire thread. It does look slightly worrying if im honest and if thats the case then I very much assume that many people will be returning them.

Soldato
I got a K70 (red LED only) a few months ago and I couldn't resist purchasing the RGB version! Only thing is the OcUK site shows the stock as 'Overdue' so I hope it is in stock soon.

It looks fun to be coming up with these colour profiles :D

Soldato
I got this reply on Friday morning when I asked about stock, so I'm hoping to have mine by the end of next week:
Sorry for the delay - they are onroute and expected to land any day now. Once in stock the site will be updated and if you have a pending order we will email you to confirm dispatch.
I'm confident these issues will be sorted anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom