Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Soldato
I have both nearly max'd out, if not max'd out.

Whats the best config currently?

I'm still having trouble with shooting pricks in the face and them not dying

Interesting to see you still playing a game that was supposedly completely ****ed and beyond all hope just a few weeks ago? :p

Permabanned
Interesting to see you still playing a game that was supposedly completely ****ed and beyond all hope just a few weeks ago? :p

Your words not mine.

Valve have admitted the update broke timing and gameplay. Just fanatics or poor players on here and S/F that couldn't deal with or aknowledge that fact.

There are still texture and clipping problems, kills not counting on s/b, laggy registration etc

Caporegime
I know I wasn't playing at my best or even close to it the other night but it did 'feel' like I was being shot round corners more than ever, big changes to netcode?

Associate
I know I wasn't playing at my best or even close to it the other night but it did 'feel' like I was being shot round corners more than ever, big changes to netcode?

Try putting this in your autoexec works nicely for me
rate "30000"
cl_cmdrate "67"
cl_updaterate "67"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "0"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_smooth "0"
cl_smoothtime "0.01"
cl_showfps"1"
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_threadmodeticks "0"
cl_pred_optimize "2"

Associate
Starting to lose interest in this now, it seems that I end every session of play in a bad mood due to some random bs moments. I've just come off now after I shotgunned some guy at point blank range right in the face, it didn't kill him, I then had enough time to get another shot in around the neck area before he could even react, then in typical fashion i'm cut down in one or two shots from his AK.

Associate
Starting to lose interest in this now, it seems that I end every session of play in a bad mood due to some random bs moments. I've just come off now after I shotgunned some guy at point blank range right in the face, it didn't kill him, I then had enough time to get another shot in around the neck area before he could even react, then in typical fashion i'm cut down in one or two shots from his AK.

:(

Associate
Another CSS update :

- Added Steam Clan Tag support ( Set yours in Options->Multiplayer->Advanced )

- Added new achievement "CLAN WARFARE": Win a match of at least 10 players where the entirety of each team is composed of a single clan.

- All weapon fire rates now tuned to match their pre-update, tickrate 100 equivalents.
(http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368659)

- Added automatic server tagging for some server convars ( "mp_startmoney", "mp_friendlyfire", "bot_quota", "sv_nostats", "sv_allowminmodels" )

- Fixed some issues for players who were experiencing stat corruption.

- Fixed several server crash exploits.

- Fixed server commands "sv_disablefreezecam" and "sv_nowinpanel" not working on dedicated servers.

- Adjusted some DX9 shaders to look more like their DX8 counterparts, e.g. flashbang effect.

Community Requests:

- Fixed entity I/O messages "OnPlayerPickup" and "OnPlayerUse".

- Restored UTF-8 support in the console.

- Added env_hudhint entity, for use in custom maps (The allplayers flag must be set for the hint to work in Counter-Strike.)

- Added client convar "sv_hudhint_sound" to turn off emit sound for hud hints.

- Restored the "cl_minmodels" client convar.

- Added server convar "sv_allowminmodels" that allows them to prevent clients from using "cl_minmodels".

- Added a button to Options->Multiplayer that allows players to reset their in-game stats.

Note: Due to the nature of stats corruption, it is not possible to automatically fix all types of stats (such as weapon statistics reflecting usage of the wrong weapon). Players who suspect their stats are incorrect and wish to start fresh may want to use the new stat reset feature

Soldato
That update kinda screwed up the game for a few hours last night, double shot firing with AK/M4 and double shot without reloading with the AWP lol ;)

Wonder if they fixed it yet..

Caporegime
Played all right for me last night / this morning. For a few maps I played well, didn't have any update issues. Have had a few little updates that I notice when I am working / using the desktop.

Caporegime
I'm going over to UKCS server 3 (Office only) more or less right now. If I don't play well enough I'll hop over to server 1 or 2. Hope to see one or more of you there. :)

Back
Top Bottom