• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

Soldato
okay! i'll look how to add custom fan profiles when i get home, i presume i can set these through EVGA Precision X software. Ive noticed when playing lastnight my fan was on auto at around 45% dont think thats enough!

Going to be pretty noisy though, its a good job ive got a loud Kave headset :D

Soldato
okay! i'll look how to add custom fan profiles when i get home, i presume i can set these through EVGA Precision X software. Ive noticed when playing lastnight my fan was on auto at around 45% dont think thats enough!

50% will do the trick, there is a big difference in cooling efficiency between 45% and 50% despite the difference looks small.

Soldato

I dont know what auto fan profile is so bad. It should be at least 50c50% 60c60% etc

60-65 65-70 70-75 is much better and not much louder. at 70c set it to 80% fan

Soldato
10% is not slightly and worthy of some attention, what could be responsible for that difference? But then again use of words such as slightly allow wriggle room where definition of that is a matter of opinion and you are entitled to yours!

Now, whether 10% is noticible is another matter of course ... !

It was more of a discussion about HT, and that it doesn't appear to be utilised in this game. If you have a look back there's a link I posted with some comparisons of thread usage on Intel and AMD.

Soldato
Associate

Give you some idea on fan speeds for my reference MSI 670. at 60c fans at 60% and at 70 fan is at 65%. I don't see my card go over 68ish tho I am only running the game on medium settings.

Associate
OP
I can't even complete the game.

After I fight the Alpha Seth and then shoot the arrow into its face the game crashes to desktop every time, tried about 10 times with different settings and everything >.<

Associate
Got some time on this game now and was pleased to see that at 2560x1600 Xfire 7950 @ 1100/1575 is nice and smooth with everything set to Very High and FXAA ... without the overclock I could not play these settings tbh. I wonder how long that will last though as I get into the game more and scenes get more taxing :) Need 3x7950 probably ...

Associate
Got some time on this game now and was pleased to see that at 2560x1600 Xfire 7950 @ 1100/1575 is nice and smooth with everything set to Very High and FXAA ... without the overclock I could not play these settings tbh. I wonder how long that will last though as I get into the game more and scenes get more taxing :) Need 3x7950 probably ...

After some more running around in the first bit of new york (loving the graphics!) my top card hits mid 70s & bottom one is at high 50s ... (Twin Fozr Boost 7950s with 100% fan) ... and my CPU was consistantly showing 90% on the usage meter at some points :eek: Never seen that before in a game lol! That's an i7 920 @4.2GHz ... and TBH these settings are still borderline for smooth play at those settings ... Crysis 4 will need a CPU upgrade at this rate, lol!

Back
Top Bottom