Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
So how's this run on the PS5 with the 2.0 upgrade. Does it still look like a ps4 game ?

It looks ok really good in some places not so in others. It is technically a PS4 game with a bit of tarting up and 60 (ish) fps. It plays a lot better than it did I’m quite enjoying it now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bugs aside, I'm still moving it - reckon I've put 100s of hours in, with my various playthroughs; though I've never clocked it, got to the point of no return but didn't start the mission.

Think I'm about 10 or so hours into my 2.0 replay, and it's well and truly grabbing my attention - just debating whether I'll finish this then go for the expansion, or get it and play it through, then come back.

Might go pop my pre-order in :cool:

Soldato
So how's this run on the PS5 with the 2.0 upgrade. Does it still look like a ps4 game ?

Mostly pretty good in my experience on Performance mode, little bit of slowdown/screen tear here and there but nothing major. Overall visual quality is decent, it doesn't look like a true next-gen title but it tidies up nicely enough. Ray Tracing mode provides a cleaner image (and RT, of course) but I prefer the higher framerate.

Soldato
Bugs aside, I'm still moving it - reckon I've put 100s of hours in, with my various playthroughs; though I've never clocked it, got to the point of no return but didn't start the mission.

Think I'm about 10 or so hours into my 2.0 replay, and it's well and truly grabbing my attention - just debating whether I'll finish this then go for the expansion, or get it and play it through, then come back.

Might go pop my pre-order in :cool:

Will have to go back to this eventually, got Starfield on the go currently, I completed cp2077 a while ago after it got the PS5/series x update.

What would you say 2.0 has made better?

Soldato
Will have to go back to this eventually, got Starfield on the go currently, I completed cp2077 a while ago after it got the PS5/series x update.

What would you say 2.0 has made better?
Hard to say - it just freshened up the game imo, little quality of life tweaks to the UI, the cyber parts now seems a bit more comprehensive too. I also like how clothes are just a cosmetic item now, and armour is linked to the cyber mods you have instead.

Edit: the mini bosses seem hard as nails now! Sasquatch was a nightmare to down, and I've just offed one in Dogtown who was a pain in the backside too

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmmm another bug it seems - just completed an 'increased criminal activity' area in the expansion, and despite having the key from the boss - I don't seem to be able to interact with their safe in the cache location :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Hard to say - it just freshened up the game imo, little quality of life tweaks to the UI, the cyber parts now seems a bit more comprehensive too. I also like how clothes are just a cosmetic item now, and armour is linked to the cyber mods you have instead.

Edit: the mini bosses seem hard as nails now! Sasquatch was a nightmare to down, and I've just offed one in Dogtown who was a pain in the backside too

Thanks, look forward to a rerun with the dlc.

Soldato
Is this something in main quest that needs to be done before the dlc unlocks?

Im going to do a new save soon, and purchase the dlc.
You can either start it from a new game (it'll level you up I believe), or you can start 2.0 and progress through that, until Songbird calls you. I'm not 100% which quests you need to finish - I did the Evelyn stuff and the Voodoo Boys (I was about level 25 by that point as I'd done a bunch of side missions too - mainly Dispatch stuff).

Last edited:
Soldato
You can either start it from a new game (it'll level you up I believe), or you can start 2.0 and progress through that, until Songbird calls you. I'm not 100% which quests you need to finish - I did the Evelyn stuff and the Voodoo Boys (I was about level 25 by that point as I'd done a bunch of side missions too - mainly Dispatch stuff).

ok cheers, going to start from scratch anyway, will see when I get the prompt to start the dlc story, presume I can visit the place from the start though.

Soldato
Started the base again only ever getting to around level 15 on first play through. bit confused as there is now a heavy reliance on cyberware stuff with armour and I'm still unsure if I'm going about it in the right way but having fun none the less. Still in Watson completing side jobs and random encounters but cannot find a silencer for the Dying Night at all. A few early game items seem to have disappeared with this latest patch.

Soldato
ok cheers, going to start from scratch anyway, will see when I get the prompt to start the dlc story, presume I can visit the place from the start though.
I don't think so, though tbh, innever tried it. It's in the big arena in Pacifica - there's a bunch of guards/gates so doubt you can just walk in.

One thing that's annoying, is they've really punished players (like me) who like to stealthily hack - it seems that 99.9% of the time, a traceable hack leads you to getting discovered; even with the ICE implate that supposedly blocks tracing from enemies :(

Caporegime
This is my third play through and I'm still loving it. Only encountered one bug so far which wasn't there before but apart from that it looks and feels great.

Only issue I have is the vignette that I can't seem to turn off. Makes everything look dark in certain areas.

Soldato
I've just gone back to this after playing it on release, my character is walking mega slow, do I need to delete things from the itinerary? How do I know what is safe to remove?!
If near a shop, sell stuff, if not, just disassemble duplicate common items / guns. Just remember to remove any mods!

I confess; I still struggle to understand what to do with the cyberhack and body mods stuff. Level 16 now but rarely use any of the hacks stuff or know what best to use considering I'm playing a mostly stealth build. Although I'm still struggling to find silencers for pistols but did pick up "Lizzie", so hopeful there is a silencer for that since I never found one for the "Dying Night".

e: or not; just noticed there is only a scope slot for Lizzie. Where the hell are all the silenced pistols?!

Last edited:
Soldato
If near a shop, sell stuff, if not, just disassemble duplicate common items / guns. Just remember to remove any mods!

I confess; I still struggle to understand what to do with the cyberhack and body mods stuff. Level 16 now but rarely use any of the hacks stuff or know what best to use considering I'm playing a mostly stealth build. Although I'm still struggling to find silencers for pistols but did pick up "Lizzie", so hopeful there is a silencer for that since I never found one for the "Dying Night".

e: or not; just noticed there is only a scope slot for Lizzie. Where the hell are all the silenced pistols?!
I've been using standard pistols with silencers, I flogged Dying Night and Lizzie - I've also got a bunch of headshot bonuses from Cyber mods - so headshots are now pretty much one shot kills on all enemies when in stealth; bar the ones with destinct levels of health.

You can get stealth and headshot buffs when you upgrade your cyberware - though getting crafting materials on 2.0 is tricky, unless I've missed a perk! I don't recall which perk it is, but it'll unlock additional options when you upgrade a part of your cyberware - so if you are at a ripperdoc with enough green/blue/purple/yellow crafting materials; you can level the various bits up.

Back
Top Bottom