Dark Souls 3

Soldato
Epic game so far such stunning artwork. Gfx are not the best ever made but the best in the Dark Souls series.

Hard game though tougher than DS1+2 so far a real battle to make any progress :eek:

zia

zia

Associate
Running great maxed out except shadows constant 60 fps at 1440.killed the guy with a sword in him first try.... so far so good.

Zia

zia

zia

Associate
980 ti.are we allowed to post pics? With spoiler tags?
Only thing bugging is that you have press left stick down to jump.having just come off ds1 find that a hindrance.

Zia

Last edited:
Soldato
It was a mistake to drink last night. It's my first souls game, and I was having a terrible time of it. So I called it quits at 12:30 or so lol.

Hopefully the game is easier hungover than drunk, wish me luck.

Soldato
Epic so far. Took 6-7 tries to beat 1st boss with Herald build, one go with Knight. Gotta love the long sword, now a flaming longsword thanks to the free gift :)

Was it worth dropping the scaling a bit for it?

I went with knight and broadsword i found. c + d scaling on str and dex, not as long but healthy amount of damage and speed. I heard a sunlight sword drops from undead with daggers on the high wall so i might farm for one of them as that has c + c scaling, then use a refined stone and hope for b + b.

Associate
21:9 / 3440*1440 not working?? Although I can see the setting option in the menu, not played the game yet as at work, I'm guessing there's black lines at the sides?

Nope souls games don't support 21:9 and this one doesn't either :( still waiting on 3rd party fix on widescreen gaming. I wanna play it tonight but don't think i can face having massive black boarders on a 34" monitor

Booted up last night just to see if it was actually working. For me at least the Steam overlay wasn't coming up and my overclocks weren't being applied (prob had something else running in the background though...). I literally just sat through the intro cinematic and walked around for a few seconds before quitting though :D Really looking forward to playing this tonight, never bothered to finish 2 as I was quite disappointed with it (...that and it had no cloud saves? :mad:), but this seems to be shaping up to be the "true" sequel.

Soldato
Can you play with friends easy with this one?

It's more similar to DS1 than 2 from what I've read, blue, white and red covenants etc. So yes and no. You drop your sign down and your mate summons you. Which is cool and always worked for me in DS1 (with the community fix that is).

Back
Top Bottom