Dark Souls 3

Caporegime
Despite normally spectating games like these, I very nearly bought it last night after watching some live play. Where are people buying this for a good price?

Soldato
Having played so much Dark Souls 1 and 2 I'd almost forgotten how great it is running around, no idea where I am, with no estus flask charges left, desperately hoping to see a bonfire around the next corner :D

Associate
You must be a troll. This is light years ahead of DS2, in fact the more I play it the more I'm leaning towards it being the best game From Software has done.

Not trolling. I was super excited about DS3. I preordered it and started straight away last night.

In fairness, it's a fine game and I'm sure I'll play it through fully, but that's more because of a lack of other good titles than me being blown away by DS3.

Honestly, after a couple of hours of playing I was having a strong sense of deja-vu, and not in a good way. I'm saying this in the context of it being two years since the last game and understanding the importance of keeping true to the franchise, but the engine doesn't feel like it's changed much at all. It's even the same DS2 sound when you respawn at the bonfire. Same weapons (albeit with slightly improve sets) and same spells (from what I've seen).

The bosses I've fought seem decent, but that's expansion/DLC level content.

Call me old fashioned, but I expect more from a sequel otherwise after a couple of games I start making comparisons with Call of Duty.

The true test is the fact that I'd cleared the entire evening to play it tonight, and I'm not actually playing it :)

Personal opinion though, obvs.

Soldato
Bloody brilliant so far.

Only thing that slightly annoys me is(NPC related)

I've met 2 NPCs in the world that were locked away. One in a dungeon and one in a cage. I spoke to them and they disappeared and then reappeared at firelink. That's gonna take some explaining!

Soldato
Yeaaaaaa no, my visions of being a katana wielding nut job from the get go was promptly shunned.

That katana dude is INSANELY OP!!!! I started as thief simply as I'm going max dex build. So I've had to buy a scimitar for now.

Overall, it feels JUST like DS1!!!! LOVING ITTTT.

EDIT: First boss took 2 attempts, and I managed to kill the crystal lizard before hand (before lighting the first bonfire mind!), all with my measly dagger.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom