Dark Souls 3

Associate
PPS. God, is there a chest in this game that isn't a mimic?!

It's funny, I feel like most of the chests I've encountered have been mimics.

I went through a zone the other day and I swear I encountered three in a row.

I just chuck a charm at every chest now.

Soldato
25 hours in and not used one summon... Dont see the point in using them

Summoning is a core part of the game. For NPCs it can advance, or at least enhance storylines and get unique gear. It is fun to play with other players.

I find boss fights a lot more fun with some jolly cooperation. I usually summon one NPC and one other player.

There has been one boss fight so far that I would strongly recommend summoning at least one player for. I found it incredibly easy to the point of silliness on my own, but when summoned it had so much health it was actually a lot fairer fight.

Last edited:
Soldato
Summoning is a core part of the game. For NPCs it can advance, or at least enhance storylines and get unique gear. It is fun to play with other players.

I find boss fights a lot more fun with some jolly cooperation. I usually summon one NPC and one other player.

There has been one boss fight so far that I would strongly recommend summoning at least one player for. I found it incredibly easy to the point of silliness on my own, but when summoned it had so much health it was actually a lot fairer fight.

didnt realise the bosses scaled if u had someone summoned with me...

ive had 2 people invade me.. no idea if they was NPCs.. or PVP but they both got raped pretty quickly..

ive only seen a few summon stones and they disappear within few seconds may be bit different when im furhter in the game think im only lvl 40 and just finished starting catacombs!

Associate
Atm I've got the Mirrah vest, Undead Legion helm(go great together), the painting guardian gloves and cleric trousers.

The entire painting guardian set actually looks quite good imo.

Edit- I'm sure I've seen a phantom wearing Lucatiel's mask. Haven't come across it yet though.

you can buy the mask

trade in a Vertebra Shackle at the crow to get it

Soldato
Didn't play any yesterday, played 24 hours so far and I'm now on the Abyss Watchers boss, had 2 summons with me the first attempt, got my behind handed to me. Tried again solo, got my behind handed to me again.

So if anyone fancies helping a sun bro out, let me know as I'll be trying it tonight!

The swamp wasn't as bad as people made out though, damn frogs, thankfully no perm curse! Hated getting rid of that in DS1 lol. Damn Oswalth or what ever his name was. Took me about 4 hours to entirely clear the area. Nice to see an old foe on the bridge (trying not to spoil :)).

Cathedral of the Deep, what a HUGE area. I feel like I've missed a room in there somewhere, I remember watching a stream where someone entered a room and there was a priest surrounded by loads of dudes... Can't remember. Either way, I'll revisit later on. I accidentally killed the none aggressive grub worm dude, which is annoying :(

Looking forward to the catacombs!!!

One thing I'm not seeing much of is back tracking... I've picked up almost every single item in the area I visit, methodically. It's an addiction. I check wiki maps once I complete the boss just incase. And there have only been two incidents where I missed something due to a hidden wall or a ledge drop down.

Dark Souls 1 had you back tracking 50% of the game, and each time you progressed and back tracked, you had unlocked another short cut, a new way and found new gear. Kind of miss it. As it does feel a little like 'check, done that area, NEXT'. Which is cool, just miss having that urge to go back and check areas for new items.

That's my only complaint so far. I miss the big interconnected world that was DS1.

Last edited:
Soldato

The boss fights are a joke with a summoner, literally ruins the point of doing it as the AI just spazzes out hard. Il help others, but il solo all the way.

AFAIK no genuine NPC characters story is advanced through summoning in DS3

Soldato
I'm about 18 hours in I'm at Road of sacrifices. I spend a fair bit of time in each area. I also do summons to help people out. I do that to learn the level. Wouldn't mind more chests. But happy at the various nooks n crannies of levels and discovering shortcuts and locked doors. Did lots of backtracking in the area before undead settlement (3 keys to doors) Also there's an area of undead settlement it's quite easy to miss if you are half asleep..

Soldato
I'm about 18 hours in I'm at Road of sacrifices. I spend a fair bit of time in each area. I also do summons to help people out. I do that to learn the level. Wouldn't mind more chests. But happy at the various nooks n crannies of levels and discovering shortcuts and locked doors. Did lots of backtracking in the area before undead settlement (3 keys to doors) Also there's an area of undead settlement it's quite easy to miss if you are half asleep..

I assume you mean the area with the dogs and bigger badies? Sort of like a kitchen area? Has a shard in it?

I also back tracked to that area to unlock all the cells etc. First time I met a dark wraith :)

Soldato
So got home last night and on my first load up (of the day :p) I managed to beat that big first tutorial boss! Hoorahhhh! I Felt like a boss..... But was swiftly put back in my place as the next dude..... Something the deserter? Or something. Yeah.... He rips me a new one xD not sure if should even be fighting him.... The lock on didn't show his hp but I swung anyway and now he wants me dead xD oops... Was I supposed to attack him? Forgot you can just straight up kill everything even if friendly :p

His attacks just rekt my blocking and all. Almost had him a few time but he heals, counters me and runs me through :p I'll get him tonight tho :D

Soldato
OP
The Estoc is pure cancer in PVP, had my first loss last night to some little winky spamming R1, took him a very long time but eventually his 90% rolling paid off as once he finally landed a lazy sloppy hit he could follow up with 3 more before I could roll out, which was 70% of my health.

He was honourable though which is a shame, he never healed even when I had him on a smidgen of HP and I was full, yet he used that weapon... Bizzare. Seems like a 420 blaze it MLG weapon for unskilled win at any cost screw fun kind of people in PVP.

Soldato
I assume you mean the area with the dogs and bigger badies? Sort of like a kitchen area? Has a shard in it?

I also back tracked to that area to unlock all the cells etc. First time I met a dark wraith :)

The area with the fire demon, Not many enemies. where you step off the elevator before u get to the giant. Lots of lovely loot in that area especially if you explore.

Soldato
The area with the fire demon, Not many enemies. where you step off the elevator before u get to the giant. Lots of lovely loot in that area especially if you explore.

Aye, I feel a lot of people will skip that area as it's only there if you venture enough.

The Estoc is pure cancer in PVP, had my first loss last night to some little winky spamming R1, took him a very long time but eventually his 90% rolling paid off as once he finally landed a lazy sloppy hit he could follow up with 3 more before I could roll out, which was 70% of my health.

He was honourable though which is a shame, he never healed even when I had him on a smidgen of HP and I was full, yet he used that weapon... Bizzare. Seems like a 420 blaze it MLG weapon for unskilled win at any cost screw fun kind of people in PVP.

Sounds like you're being a sore loser haha.

I've not used the estoc, but surely it doesn't cause enough stagger to stun lock you?

I'm still using my Uchi and have about a 50/50 win ratio on PVP. I'm still only about level 40 though and in the first 3rd of the game. Hoping to try out some new builds soon with the respec options. Might go strength with the huge butchers weapon (can't remember the name). Looks like a fun weapon.

Soldato
So got home last night and on my first load up (of the day :p) I managed to beat that big first tutorial boss! Hoorahhhh! I Felt like a boss..... But was swiftly put back in my place as the next dude..... Something the deserter? Or something. Yeah.... He rips me a new one xD not sure if should even be fighting him.... The lock on didn't show his hp but I swung anyway and now he wants me dead xD oops... Was I supposed to attack him? Forgot you can just straight up kill everything even if friendly :p

His attacks just rekt my blocking and all. Almost had him a few time but he heals, counters me and runs me through :p I'll get him tonight tho :D

Leave him until later. he's bloody hard when you are just starting out. I went back after undead settlement....His sword is awesome though

Soldato
OP
Aye, I feel a lot of people will skip that area as it's only there if you venture enough.

Sounds like you're being a sore loser haha.

I've not used the estoc, but surely it doesn't cause enough stagger to stun lock you?

I'm still using my Uchi and have about a 50/50 win ratio on PVP. I'm still only about level 40 though and in the first 3rd of the game. Hoping to try out some new builds soon with the respec options. Might go strength with the huge butchers weapon (can't remember the name). Looks like a fun weapon.

It stunlocks you for 3 hits, then you can roll. There are greatswords that can stunlock too. They are actually hard to hit with though, an estoc you just do a rolling light attack which is about as fast as dagger then spam r1 for another 3 hits. He did 70% of my HP but had fire buffs for his spells, I bet he would have killed me if he managed to hit me when buffed. :eek:

It was my uchi build that lost to it, shame parrys do barely any damage anymore because its a monster for that.

I'm struggling to find a reason to PVP with anything but a longsword atm, too many close calls with the uchi.

Soldato
It stunlocks you for 3 hits, then you can roll. There are greatswords that can stunlock too. They are actually hard to hit with though, an estoc you just do a rolling light attack which is about as fast as dagger then spam r1 for another 3 hits. He did 70% of my HP but had fire buffs for his spells, I bet he would have killed me if he managed to hit me when buffed. :eek:

It was my uchi build that lost to it, shame parrys do barely any damage anymore because its a monster for that.

I'm struggling to find a reason to PVP with anything but a longsword atm, too many close calls with the uchi.

Oh really? Hopefully they patch it out then, as that's a bit OP...

As for Uchi, I'm at +4 with it at the moment, it's great, love it. But yea, parry's are not really worth it. However, pulling one off in PVP with the Uchi looks damn cool.

Soldato

Excellent tactics, leaving summon signs. I did a bit of farming in undead settlement, decent farming area if you want a couple of levels to use a sword or roll at -70% with specific armour. Some titanite shard drops.

Soldato

Get yourself a longbow, best tip I can give you. Pull one enemy at a time, downright kill enemies before they get to you. You can use a bow against the master swordsman. Stay back, hit him, run back, let him re position himself, do the bow thing rinse and repeat. Also, you can get rid of a dragon that you'll be facing soon using the bow(use cheap wood arrows), once he's gone you get a very nice weapon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Get yourself a longbow, best tip I can give you. Pull one enemy at a time, downright kill enemies before they get to you. You can use a bow against the master swordsman. Stay back, hit him, run back, let him re position himself, do the bow thing rinse and repeat. Also, you can get rid of a dragon that you'll be facing soon using the bow(use cheap wood arrows), once he's gone you get a very nice weapon.

What does the dragon drop?

Back
Top Bottom