***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Associate
think people need to remember how many are making this. theres a handful of people not a big dev team. so priorities must be used.

making 1hr videos or one hr on coding.

do like how its looking now the towns looking better and does look great.

You would be surprised how prioritised tradeshows become. They are essential promotional tools, I've done many late nights due to these shows.

I thought the video looked pretty impressive, looks like an alpha is coming together.

Soldato
Does look pretty good, the inven is working well which was always a bug bear for a lot of users..

Movement looks fluid, although I am sure I will miss the clunkiness a bit...

Saying that, played ARMA 3 Dayz/Zoombies last night on Chernarus, absolutely awesome, reminded me of the first few days playing dayz last year some time...

Soldato
OP
The best thing that can happen for Standalone is for everyone to stop playing dayz mod, go play another game i.e bf4, minecraft...what ever. Then come back when SA hits.

From personal experience, taking a long brake from Arma and coming back to Dayz was amazing and felt fresh.

Permabanned
[TFU] Thegoon84;24811470 said:
The best thing that can happen for Standalone is for everyone to stop playing dayz mod, go play another game i.e bf4, minecraft...what ever. Then come back when SA hits.

From personal experience, taking a long brake from Arma and coming back to Dayz was amazing and felt fresh.

I'd agree, especially if you go from playing ARMA 3 zoombies to SA, you'll probably be let down by the graphics and other things the ARMA 3 engine offers.

Soldato
OP
I'd agree, especially if you go from playing ARMA 3 zoombies to SA, you'll probably be let down by the graphics and other things the ARMA 3 engine offers.

Tell me about it!

As much as it pains me i'm completely stopping playing Arma, we actually have a server which is ranked 3 in the world for Wastelands, still not going to play it! (worst "look at me i have a top ranked server, iknow :D)

Going to re-install BF3 and starting getting my (non exisiting skill) back.

Then when SA is released it will feel brand new with plenty of new places for me to explore. Not mention sneaking about slowly gearing up etc. One thing i'm narked off about is Deans complete lack of info on the night time/weather system. This to me is a fundamental part of zombie survivals. The only thing Warz had right was the night/day time cycle. Players should be forced to survive in the night instead of server hopping. Just imagine, things like deciding to use car headlights or not, or do i shoot this Z as there are people around....

Associate
Personally I cannot wait. I may even come play with you Goon seeing as we have called a truce and slaughter zombies together.

Associate
The zombies still look bad tbh, there has been progress nevertheless,i dont like the way the items show in his hand in third person view, it just looks like its glued to his hand and not actually gripping it,my favorite thing is the limping animation,just cannot wait to execute someone well there just stood there looking sorry they should'nt of shot at me :)

Last edited:
Associate
The zombies still look bad tbh, there has been progress nevertheless,i dont like the way the items show in his hand in third person view, it just looks like its glued to his hand and not actually gripping it,my favorite thing is the limping animation,just cannot wait to execute someone well there just stood there looking sorry they should'nt of shot at me :)

Stuff like holding items is placeholder :)

Soldato
I'm loving the direction they are going, adding much more depth to the character interaction and inventory system. I'm not entirely sold on the ammo/mag system they are showing but we will see. Also I really like the durability system for items, I don't imagine the headshot destroying the guys trousers thing is intentional so I will take that as work in progress.

Soldato
I'm glad dean is thinking for completely reworking the zombies.
Agreed. They've moved on heaps and bounds since the last video. Movement looks a lot better, much less cartoony. Great detail on the gun and player models too.

I'd rather they took their time with it, even if the hype has died down slightly.

Back
Top Bottom