***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
I am not hating, you are right in the respect that its not the sort of game for me as i prefer the more fast paced and dare i say 'skillful' DM style games like quake and unreal. But you could still explain what appeals about it to you? I am not going to **** all over your opinions i am genuinely curious as to what you find interesting about it. Especially if you are one of these people that watches others play lol.

e.g. is it the big maps etc, do you also enjoy the battlefield style games?

I wasnt being funny, I meant it literally. Some people are going to enjoy starting out with a pistol in an inhospitable area then wandering for hours through woods and deserted landscapes looking for cans of food and rusty shotguns, and some are going to find it the most boring experience of their lives!

Its not something thats easily explained I suppose. Sure, i love squad combat in Arma, small tight maps in CS, MMOs especially PvP, but something about running through forests and coming upon a shack with a shambling zombie outsied it really does it for me too!

Associate
does anyone even care about this anymore ? they must have missed the boat massively in terms of getting it out while the mod was still massively popular.

everyone i know who used to play it has lost interest and doesn't care anymore, especially given how underwhelming the standalone looks in terms of features.

i mean they aren't even going to release it as a complete game, its going to be an alpha first... how and whyl are they taking so long ?

Soldato
Digging a hole lol

Weapons are no where near the same either.

Actually will just duck out of this thread as it seems to be provoking people which genuinely wasnt the intention. I will just leave people to it if they enjoy it then great lol.

Last edited:
Caporegime
marker always got to try and pipe up just leave it alone i have nothing to prove that hasnt been proven to people that matter . keep the thread on the game before you get it locked down like previous dayz threads.

best thing is you dont even play dayz now and haave just played arma 3 for how long . yet you pop in just to try and prove i dont know someone :p typical ocuk.

Soldato
OP
Would be awesome to go have a run with TFU for the standalone, was great fun during the mod, it was a shame my work got out of hand. Should be okay this year though. Might try to get on the team speak at some point and play some Battlefield if you guys don't mind. :p :D

More than welcome mate. I’m in a similar position to you, got a lot of work and a 13 week old baby. So any spare time is a luxury for me atm lol.

But yeah do drop by mate!

I am not hating, you are right in the respect that its not the sort of game for me as i prefer the more fast paced and dare i say 'skillful' DM style games like quake and unreal. But you could still explain what appeals about it to you? I am not going to **** all over your opinions i am genuinely curious as to what you find interesting about it. Especially if you are one of these people that watches others play lol.

e.g. is it the big maps etc, do you also enjoy the battlefield style games?

Think the comparison you’re looking to make is more like FPS meets MMO meets simulation.

As for the skilfulness, personally there is more skill with real tactics involved in Dayz that any other FPS game. You need to be able to track players while making sure you have your backside covered. You need to know your distances and make sure your zero’ing is always correct, know when to run to avoid fatigue, keep noise to a minimum, know your exits, read maps and contours and use your environment to blend in…. Whereas in say BF, you run gun die and respawn, rinse, repeat and rinse. .

Dayz is all about the exploration, the emersion and that epic feeling of survival. You spent time exploring and gathering kit, you feel attached to your kit and don’t want to let it go… Then you see an enemy player, your hands start to sweet, heart starts beating, leaving with two decisions… do you try and sneak out and hope you’ve not been spotted or go hunting for players to take their kit!

All of the above mixed in with game play with friends is un describable. Planning NWA runs in the dead of night to get some epic gear - Amazing! A group of us decided to raid a town with the moon light bright enough not to need NVGs, we knew the town might be full of bandits and Z’ds. So one of the 5 of us camped in a tree, he had NVG’s, silenced sniper rifle and camo kit.. As 4 of us walking into the town we heard “ping ping”, we saw the zombies dropping around us who were running towards us. Thankfully our friend had our back… Got some great kit, got out of there, put the stuff in the tent for our clan mates to use later on…………. Words cant explain how epic that felt. Dayz is what you make of it!

it depends how you play it sometimes its boring sometimes its truley epic.

also playstyle can be like chalk and cheese so move slowly survive some go for all out battles like me and who i play with. had some epic battles with some on here like MGT lot and the likes which have lasted for like a week at a time :p

if we get squads like that and tfu and others could make for some epic fun. thing is with how stuff is locked down now for standalone aswell there is no chance of unfair play either gunna be awesome !

I would love to see some large group vs large group! Alltho, the problem with OCUK servers it becomes a camp fest in the main towns! But I’m up that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
if you get the right fun crowds it doesnt have to be camp fests. some truly epic fun can be had.

me and dave beast epic axe fight in electro :p air lifted in for the battle of axes :D siege of vorkuta with mgt lot was about a week long battle. things like that is why i play dayz.

hoping in standalone this will become the normal and we can have some great battles. :cool:

Caporegime
exactly and always the same ocuk ragers.

will be interesting to see what price it launches at matt said in a interview ages ago that it would be 15-20 euro. dont mind paying upto 15 quid for alpha .

Associate
no cars ? so to start with its going to have less stuff than the actual mod ?

i never had much faith in the dev guy, always seemed like a complete amateur when interviewed.

Associate
no cars ? so to start with its going to have less stuff than the actual mod ?

i never had much faith in the dev guy, always seemed like a complete amateur when interviewed.

You on about Rocket?

I can't help but think he's an absolute narcissistic cretin for how he's behaved with the development of the SA.

I love DayZ, but unless everyone playing the mod moves over to the SA, I won't be buying it anytime soon.

Also, going off the clips I've watched, it looks like the cretin has made it incredibly tedious...I won't be surprised if it ends up players having to 'craft' their own gunpowder to refill spent cartridges.

Oh and it's obvious from my point of view why he's dragged it out so long; he's clearly enjoying being head of a project and he wants it to last.

Soldato
OP
wow at the comments in here... he created dayz, hes been.hard at work on an official stand alone version. chances are he'll be able to create game play.better than any of modders have, just needs more time.

but hey I suppose you guys are happy filling ea's pocket instead of.backing a genuine dev

Soldato
I stopped playing Dayz when the mod development slowed to the point of abandonment. Maybe thays why it hasnt gotten old for me, and im looking forward to it.

Associate
[TFU] Thegoon84;25168084 said:
wow at the comments in here... he created dayz, hes been.hard at work on an official stand alone version. chances are he'll be able to create game play.better than any of modders have, just needs more time.

but hey I suppose you guys are happy filling ea's pocket instead of.backing a genuine dev

Really, TheGoon? Soon after getting the job at BI the mod became a massive hit. He gets the nod to lead the SA project; the power goes to his head to such an extent that he deems it cool to faff off to Everest.

He really is a grade A......................

Associate
Really, TheGoon? Soon after getting the job at BI the mod became a massive hit. He gets the nod to lead the SA project; the power goes to his head to such an extent that he deems it cool to faff off to Everest.

He really is a grade A......................

Ok, just to put something straight, he started working for BI in January of 2012, the mod was released in June, he'd already been working on it for 6 months previous.

You think of him as a 'cretin' yet you say you love DayZ, so at least appreciate the happiness he's brought you so far.

As for the SA, time will tell. It will be much different to the mod, which some will hate. People will have options, so now....to wait.

Back
Top Bottom