***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Caporegime
I load it up once a month, realise its still awful and a mess after 5 mins and leave it another month.

thats basically the never ending loop of bs BI give on dayz.

i honestly think its never going to be finished.BI games always terrible performance aswell.

best thing to do if you still interested in dayz is either play the free old mod which is still very busy and fun or just try the new builds once every 3 months.uninstall and then just realize you got scammed out of £20. :p

Associate
Bohemia are the one's you should be annoyed with, Rocket came up with the concept and was hired as the project leader but ultimately it's Bohemia who decided to go 'early access' while pocketing the money and left it to trundle along as it has.

I suspect that while he was on a decent wage Rocket didn't see much, if any of the money made from selling the game. Yes he may have been a poor project manager but considering he left two years ago he can't really be blamed for the current state.

Also I echo what others have said, the game is still in a terrible, terrible state and is quite possibly the worst £20 I've ever spent so far (and I've brought some pretty stupid things)

Last edited:
Soldato
Been playing this on an off over the weekend, literally been killed by every player that's seen me. However I've YET to find a gun or ammo at the same time. I get pvp is part of it but I'm literally just running for 20 min to a town to die, repeat :/

It might be more fun if I was alive long enough to find anything :|

Soldato
No offence _jimlad_ But I tried it and it just didnt click, when I had a go I just got in the nearest car, found an M4 with tons of ammo and just went off blasting everyone I found, didn't feel that challenging really.

kkelly, everyone joins empty servers and just collects loot thats why, Last month I went on an empty one, got 3 pistols and 2 rifles plus plenty of ammo for each before getting bored of the whole thing and logging off.

It used to be *reasonably* playable when everyone knew where to get the good loot, i.e all the military gear at airfields, pistols in firestations etc. You also knew where to go for a fight if thats what you wanted, not its just competely random, boring and empty.

Soldato
Whey killed again, found 4 different pistols and only rifle bullets. I don't see the fun in endless camping the police stations and killing anyone that goes near them :(

Associate
Apparently new renderer by end of Feb (believe it when I see it)

Went on last night after not playing for about 18 months (favouring A2:Epoch, then A3:Exile and laterly SW Battlefront)

Still has potential and in particular the detail of the map and building variety over the mod Chenarus but performance is still crap.

Also as mentioned above...I don't get a great deal of playing time so to spending watching someone running between towns starving to death isn't much fun. AT LEAST....get some bicycles in

Soldato
Bicycles are on their way, like in a patch or 2 away. maybe (.61 - .62).

New renderer is hopefully by the end of February (.60).

U guys might wana check these links here..

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/43av2w/notes_from_brian_hicks_stream_during_pax_south/

There is some videos with Brian Hicks or u can just read the notes, heres a few quotes..

Renderer
.60 update end of February but whether it is experimental or stable remains to be seen but intent is first iteration of new renderer. Supports DX 11 so DX9 wont work anymore. Future goal to support DX12. With new renderer looking at dense scenes, seeing upwards of 100+ frames, midrange settings on midrange card. Dense scene meaning an area like Cherno, Novo, Berezino, or areas that are currently low performance. No video on new renderer yet since some things aren’t as smooth as they want them to be.

Renderer
over 100 fps archieved on a dense scene on a mid-range pc with Intel i7 3770k and Nvidia GTX 970
not every pc will get the same amount of fps everywhere (it's logical)
some of the settings were high, some were middle
probably there will be some texturing issues etc when it will be up on exp. branch. however the developers will find the issues and fix them

Misc
Hicks hopes to see .60 on exp. branch in late february
Hicks likes the videos of /u/BarelyInfected0/ a lot (especially he was impressed by the video 'Fighting Cholera' (YT-link)
Hicks saw already some of working DayZ PS4 and Xbox One version (a little team is working on it); However the PC-version is the mainfocus
new renderer allows new visualisations (f.e. if player gets drunk, you will see some effect that you are drunk. If this will be added is unclear. Maybe they will think about it after reaching 1.0. milestone)
flies around corpses (with different sound) confirmed
after 1.0. they will futher improve the map... maybe even creating a new map
no plans for snow-area for Chernarus+ right now
stamina growth confirmed
in vanilla dayz you will never be able to wear other peoples faces
Hicks does not believe they will manage to add bike in .60
Hicks is interested in blood trails, but something like this could be added only after 1.0 (the devs know what they want to do first)
rotten food will spawn very soon again
sleeping bags will not happen (you will not be able to spawn in your base after you die like in Rust)
devs are thinking about let steam-friends spawn in the near of their friends (if they are in the same bubble); f.e. you don't spawn 10km or far, but rather up to 5km to each other. the randomization is still very important. but it is just thinking, no plans so far

New video here too..

DayZ / Enfusion W.I.P. Preview - Direct X 11 Renderer (14 Feb 16) Build 131617

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhTsoM-KZI

Remember this is Early Access, though i think they should have started Early Access once the new renderer was implimented.

Some games have taken up to 7 years to develop, DayZ SA is only just over 2 years in Alpha.

Associate
Anyone able to help me play the exile mod?

I've downloaded the A3 Launcher but when ever i join a game i just get kicked out :(

You need to make sure you have correct mods are updated iam not at pc at the moment so cant help tonight, its a good mode to be honest while we wait for dayz I go on a server called ominicidal the admins are active and its run well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have played a little bit at a friends many moons ago but I don't own a copy myself, Where is the best deal currently on DayZ :D

It comes up on sale on Steam quite regularly, but I'm sure there are plenty of other sites that you'll find it cheaper on.

I sank many, many hours into DayZ last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I think it's actually got worse as time has gone on in terms of glitches and flaws. It is now painful to play.

Back
Top Bottom