***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Caporegime
most people have there own ts and vocie coms. the one on front pg is one thats just been added it isnt the "official ocuk one" as there isnt one.

best adding people from the ocuk steam group who play it and then seeing who uses what.

Permabanned
some kid on the server near airbase, going up to you shouting friendly friendly then axing you in the head...................................... he needs his pants pulled down

oh and I need medicine stupid water

Last edited:
Caporegime
you see any weapon = instant death or like me kill all or try and kill all never any confusion when i play :D

the golden lesson in dayz is let them live theyll return and kill you later :)

Associate
DayZ looks like an interesting game. But I don't quite get what type of game it is, 1st person/survival horror/mmo from what I've read so far? Is it good to play as single player or is it more coop orientated?

Soldato
Thought I'd give this a try, downloading now at 3.5 mb/s :D

Upon spawn am I likely to be dead within 10 minutes from lack of food/water or being killed only seems that way currently?

Last edited:
Associate
DayZ looks like an interesting game. But I don't quite get what type of game it is, 1st person/survival horror/mmo from what I've read so far? Is it good to play as single player or is it more coop orientated?

Its a survival horror/PVP but its still early access so buggy at the min

You will be on your own in this unless you have mates to team up with

Associate
*Starts game*
*Joins random server*
*Character gets reset*
*Ends Dayz in task manager* (FYI, can sometimes prevent the reset from sticking, not to be confused with combat logging and whatnot)
*Restarts*
*Joins another server, old character restored!*
*Server crashes about 3 mins later*
*Joins yet another server*
*Stuck in a room for 10 mins and counting because the door won't open*

Seems the game doesn't like me tonight. Seriously though why the hell are doors controlled server-side? Is Rocket worried that the game will be ruined by a "Open and close all the doors on the map at once!" hack or something?

Last edited:
Soldato
lol i might be a bit slow on it but i just realised that the quick way to see if a server is in daytime is it will say Dayz_Auto in the server listings, DayZ_Auto is night time :p

/Grabs coat bit late to the party

Soldato
OP
Was telling the guys in chat earlier, whats nice atm is that i dont feel the total urge to play this 24/7, its in its very very early stages so is very basic... i.e 2 prime weapons, no real objectives, no tents etc etc.

Just nice to explore and get used to the surroundings. Looking forward to the on going patch building!

Also Zombies have slightly improved!

Permabanned
One thing I would like to see is it showing you who died and possibly who shot you... lots of backstabbery in this at the moment and someone on TS who says they are friendly can kill you and there is no way of knowing who it was, and also it means combat loggers would be named and shamed especially if you are recording....

That and the deletion of PBO files which needs to be fixed ASAP as when you die in combat and you get shot through a forest for example or when you are behind a rock... it COULD be that you got shot by someone with rocks and trees turned off, but no way of proving it.

Soldato
About time...

At least we have some admin commands just now, not enough but some!

55 xmas presents wrapped, can't even be bothered starting steam never mind dayz :(

Back
Top Bottom