***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
About 60-90 minutes played and the best thing I've found is a crowbar and wolf mask... food and water isn't as scarce as I thought, guns seem to be but I'm likely looking in all the wrong places. Only come into contact with one person and slowly backed off. Lack of zombies is very noticeable.

Associate
its just a video of a guys opinion? doesnt prove that one is better than the other
i started my online gaming on ghost recon 2 on xbox. that was 3rd person. then i moved onto socom which was also third person. now i play pc i play a lot more first person games (infact dayz is the only one i use 3rd in) but arma/dayz just feels so horrible inside of buildings to use first person all the time. looting=3rd and shooting=first. i really dont see the problem with that. on the other hand, warz is horrible in third and i could only ever play that in first person lol

Soldato
Surely you can see people can abuse it so easily though? How is it fair that one person can sit on a roof behind some cover and can still have pretty much a 360 view of the area without exposing a single part of their body.

Caporegime
You have to be a lot more aware of your surroundings and actually have to risk exposing yourself to look round corners/into rooms. The way it is at the minute you can see the contents of a room without even really being able to look into it. It's just easy mode, plain and simple.

As for them limiting everything if they limit first person? What?!

For a game that promotes as much realism as it does, it doesn't even make sense to have 3rd person but if you took it away, the tears would be unimaginable!

all irellevant as the camera angle was changed in third person in dayz standalone. if you notice go to a wall now the camera will pull in making it harder to exploit. i cant believe you havent noticed this yet ? :p so now you can see whos over the all in third like you could previously like in the videos you use :D

Soldato
all irellevant as the camera angle was changed in third person in dayz standalone. if you notice go to a wall now the camera will pull in making it harder to exploit. i cant believe you havent noticed this yet ? :p so now you can see whos over the all in third like you could previously like in the videos you use :D

You can still sit behind cover and not expose a single part of your body while being able to monitor the entire surrounding area. The camera angle has changed, but it's still the same old story.

" cant believe you havent noticed this"

Associate
Surely you can see people can abuse it so easily though? How is it fair that one person can sit on a roof behind some cover and can still have pretty much a 360 view of the area without exposing a single part of their body.

can honestly say in all the time ive been playing dayz (2 weeks after the mod first came out) that ive never felt like ive been ripped off due to this feature...

Permabanned

LOL WHAT? You just sit behind a wall and move the mouse to see everything while you are hidden................................................

You do make me laugh DG thanks :)

Soldato
Good video that

+1

Similar to the HC vs. SC on BF4 debate, you will never convince someone who likes being able to 3rd person in DAYZ to play restricted to 1st person. I would love to play on a server that had 1st person only but the numbers on such a server are always much lower than a 3rd person server. I am sure MBS had two; one HC - as they called it - and one SC, which allowed 3rd person. Very few people played the former. Of course, I may be wrong but this was my perception.

Offtopic, I hate DAYZ but cannot stop playing it. I seem to enjoy the game more when I have nothing... i.e. nothing to lose. I am very disappointed that hacks/workarounds are coming out. Just seem some reddit screenies showing no trees or vegetation. Lame.

And finally, after being betrayed several times, TFU no have a shoot-first-loot-afterwards policy. If we call "DAYZ dance" on TS and you are not doing it, you die. This has led to some idiotic TFU members being shot haha

GL to all :D

Soldato
+1

Similar to the HC vs. SC on BF4 debate, you will never convince someone who likes being able to 3rd person in DAYZ to play restricted to 1st person. I would love to play on a server that had 1st person only but the numbers on such a server are always much lower than a 3rd person server. I am sure MBS had two; one HC - as they called it - and one SC, which allowed 3rd person. Very few people played the former. Of course, I may be wrong but this was my perception.

Offtopic, I hate DAYZ but cannot stop playing it. I seem to enjoy the game more when I have nothing... i.e. nothing to lose. I am very disappointed that hacks/workarounds are coming out. Just seem some reddit screenies showing no trees or vegetation. Lame.

And finally, after being betrayed several times, TFU no have a shoot-first-loot-afterwards policy. If we call "DAYZ dance" on TS and you are not doing it, you die. This has led to some idiotic TFU members being shot haha

GL to all :D

The whole no trees/bushes is easily fixed. Hopefully we can turn on verifysigs in the next patch.

Soldato
No thanks, I don't want to see my screen wobbling around whilst I run for 2 hours to cherno!

This pretty much, ARMA is absolutely awful in first person with the exception of shooting. The game feels clunky and unresponsive in 1st and playing indoors is nearly impossible. I'd not play on any server that forced either perspective, as travelling takes up most of DayZ and doing that in first person would be too much.

Permabanned
Game is running shoddy for me, not sure why.

I tried turning everything off / low quality and then I only get 43fps when stood still, when I move it lags really hard, I don't know if it is the MBS server or my client as I am afraid to change server (some (most) servers reset your loot on change) :/

Going to heavily refresh my system in 2014, back to single GPU gfx as not 100% happy with SLI, full 480 watercooling setup, and hopefully Intel will come out with a CPU worth upgrading to.

Permabanned
Well that was fun, jogged up to Devils Castle to see whats there, halfway up the stairs my char slid to the right and dropped down the tower, instant "You are Dead".

lovely.

I have everything in the game except for ACOG scope, so if you are quick, my body is at the bottom of the DC tower. I have about 250 rounds of stanag too.

Permabanned
Just need boots... so easy to gear up on Dayz!
DayZ_2013_12_24_09_19_23_798.jpg

Back
Top Bottom