DC Vault

Soldato
OP
I'll try those settings thanks, my connection is around 4 times slower than yours but my production is like 30+ times lower than yours according to the stats, so I must be doing something wrong, hopefully those settings will improve things and my ISP is Bethere, thankfully they couldn't care less how much I use.

Soldato
Enigma@home has been removed because it has had no work for ages. This is really good for us as we were ranked very low on it. We have just moved up 4 places to 19th :)

Associate
Thats great news :)

I have dropped GIMPS as my results were terrible on CPU nad i've just split my work between Rosetta and eon2 instead. This is giving me much better results.

Associate
We've just stomped them on Poem :)
and I've joined you on Eon2 for a day or so, that project is much better under Linux, I'm using Ubuntu 10.10, the WUs crunch more than twice as fast as they do on my Windows OS.

Interesting... Might have to move my eOn2 off my server2008 VMs and onto my Ubuntu VMs and see what difference i get... Should keep me busy while i "work"

Associate
Hmm... All my WU "complete" after a few sacconds causing errors. Very strange.

Tried Rosetta and YOYO WUs and they seem ok. And i just checked and eon is still working on my windows VM.

hmm... time to investigate me thinks

Soldato
OP
I googled your error message "process exited with code 193 (0xc1, -63)" and it's down to the Boinc client in the Ubuntu repo, versions 7.0.24 and 7.0.25 are broken, try reloading the repo and install a later version if you can, or revert back to v6 if it's there, I'm using v6.10.58 which is the latest version for my old 10.10 distro. Failing that you could not use the repo version and download it directly from Berkeley, though you probably will have to compile it.

Soldato
OP
We hit the top 20for RAC and were going up quick.. Top 10 is likely in a day or 2

We're in the top one hundred now, and should have over 8,000 vault points on the next update. I had to update my Ubuntu OS and Boinc client as the WUs started running slow, all's fine now. I've got both rigs on it at the moment, but will shutdown at the weekend, my new IB board has lost its sound, so RMA for that, and I'll be giving the other one a rest until its big brother comes back.

Associate
I'm giving it the full beans atm (well 70%.. I cant throttle all my other VMs too much).. Rosetta will have to wait till we get at least top 50...

Associate
Things are chugging along nicely on eon2 at the moment.. but i cant decide wether its worth hanging on till we get in the top 20 for total which might get us 1 more position on DC Vault or look at more of the low hanging fruit to bump our score more quickly...

Its a tricky one..

Soldato
OP
The pirate fleet have been boarded, stomped, we're up to 17th now :) A great effort by all considering we were in 28th just two months ago.
Next target is a moving one, EVGA, and they are concentrating on the DC Vault so this one will be a bit trickier.

Back
Top Bottom