• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***DEAL OF THE MILLENIUM - MSI GTX 470 Twin FrozR ONLY £143.99 Inc. VAT!!*****

Soldato
Thanks Gibbo, just ordered :D

wasn't too sure with the 480 deal due to the extra PSU requirements, heat, noise etc etc not to mention this one is cheaper :cool:

Associate
Got a 480 on pre-order but think I'm gonna cancel it and order this instead and put the £50 saved towards the new monitor I need. How do I go about doing this, just order this and send a webnote re the 480 order to ask you to cancel it? Would need a refund on the 480 pre-order pretty quick that's all.

Associate
realy thinking about getting 2 of theys and selling my 6970 what do you guys think, would this be a stupid move ?????? gaming at 1900x1200

Soldato
How will one of these perform at 1080P with 4x AA and 16x AF in most modern titles out of curiosity?

Just a single card, not interested in SLI

I can only comment on F1 2010 but I ran that on a standard 470 at maximum settings. That is with everything on Ultra, or the maximum the settings would go up to. 1920x1080 gave me around 50fps. That was with the DX11 mode on. Think the AA was set to something weird like MSAAQ :confused: figgured as it was the last setting it must have been the best.

Did look good I must admit.

Soldato
Got a 480 on pre-order but think I'm gonna cancel it and order this instead and put the £50 saved towards the new monitor I need. How do I go about doing this, just order this and send a webnote re the 480 order to ask you to cancel it? Would need a refund on the 480 pre-order pretty quick that's all.

I would ring them up and see if they can change it there and then for you.

I'll get this card, only if i can overclock it so that it runs on par with the 480 while not being too noisy or hot.

Soldato
AWESOME deal!

This is much better than the 480 deal IMO as custom cooling is a must with the original Fermis. I have 2 480s with Zalman ZF-3000s attached. If I didn't I would snap a couple of these up in a heartbeat. I'm almost tempted to regardlessly for the sake of warranty...

Man of Honour
How does this compare to a GTX 260 216? (2x faster?)

Depends a lot on the game - averages about 2x faster but some games its more some less. I went from 2x GTX260 in SLI to a single (at first) GTX470 and it was roughly on par out the box and a lot faster when overclocked.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/170?vs=160

Would 2 of these be ok with a 700w OCZ modxstream pro psu?

Shame OCUK have culled their stock of p55 mobo's, as my current one doesn't support sli.

Not really - I'm running 2 on a OCZ Fatal1ty 750watt and thats pushing it - for an i5/7 setup you'd really want a minimum of an extra 100 watt.

How will one of these perform at 1080P with 4x AA and 16x AF in most modern titles out of curiosity?

Just a single card, not interested in SLI

Comfortably manages 60+fps in most games with high quality settings and 4x AA.

Back
Top Bottom