Dell U4025QW - 40" 5120x2160 120Hz

Soldato
Don't think this has been mentioned yet, apologies if I've missed it.

Obviously a productivity-focused screen and there's no mention of VRR so I presume it's just fixed 120Hz refresh but gives me hope for more gaming-focused monitors using the same panel with VRR, maybe from Dell themselves under the Alienware brand?

EDIT: As reported by the Verge, the spec sheet does make a passing reference to "VRR over HDMI 2.1" but nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
The panel size is perfect for me, I'm productivity first with gaming secondary and the additional resolution is just what I've been waiting for to warrant upgrade from an AW3418 whilst maintaining a decent refresh.

Though I am very interested to see what else is produced using this panel.

Soldato
OP
The panel size is perfect for me, I'm productivity first with gaming secondary and the additional resolution is just what I've been waiting for to warrant upgrade from an AW3418 whilst maintaining a decent refresh.

Though I am very interested to see what else is produced using this panel.

Am in EXACTLY the same position (even using an AW3418DW).

I don't want a ****** OLED monitor! It's totally unsuiited for 10+ hours per day of desktop/productivity work, a lot of which will be in the same applications with the same static elements.

Soldato
OP
Like the look of this but it looks like the price is going to make it unrealistic.

Shame they don't do the 38" 1600p monitor anymore.

Yeah this particular example looks a bit over-priced and under-specced but it's at least promising that we might get some more 5120x2160 high refresh options down the road.

On the "OLED issue", to clarify, I'm not an anti-OLED zealot, I have a 77" OLED TV and love it to death, they're just not suited to my PC usage patterns.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, was tempted by this initially, as the idea of a 5k 40" ultrawide sounds like the ultimate productivity solution, but if the price is genuinely over £2000 they can keep it!

Dell list prices usually mean nothing as they often discount heavily. I'd expect something more around the £1500 mark.

Back
Top Bottom