Dell U4025QW - 40" 5120x2160 120Hz

Soldato
This monitor in Oled is exactly what I've been after for years. No idea when such a thing will exist at a reasonable price. For now I will go with the alienware QD oled 4k 240hz
That’s my feeling. If I could have this size/resolution of monitor in OLED it would be perfect.

However, as much as I like the size/resolution, I can’t help but feel a 28/32” 16:9 OLED display would be a better option.

Last edited:
Soldato
This monitor in Oled is exactly what I've been after for years. No idea when such a thing will exist at a reasonable price. For now I will go with the alienware QD oled 4k 240hz
I feel exactly the same, I feel that I am compromising by going down to 32" from my current old LG 42" monitor but I want OLED and I want high refresh rate and pixel density.

Associate

Looks like this might be my next monitor. I WFH as a software developer, and have some concerns with OLED for productivity, even if it's great for games and movies. This might just tick all the boxes.

Soldato
OP
And now down to £1605.60 inc VAT on Dell UK site.

Bonkers isn't it? Like 12 hours after it goes up they knock £400 off the price.

Eagerly awaiting reviews of this, especially whether it's full Freesync VRR or just locked to 60/120Hz as this isn't entirely clear. If so I could well drop £1600 on it.

Please do feed back as soon as you've got it up and running as I'd be very interested to hear your impressions, especially as you're coming from the exact same AW3418DW I have :)

Last edited:
Associate
Bonkers isn't it? Like 12 hours after it goes up they knock £400 off the price.

Eagerly awaiting reviews of this, especially whether it's full Freesync VRR or just locked to 60/120Hz as this isn't entirely clear. If so I could well drop £1600 on it.

Please do feed back as soon as you've got it up and running as I'd be very interested to hear your impressions, especially as you're coming from the exact same AW3418DW I have :)
I think they just mucked up their initial pricing - was surprised to see it come down though - I was expecting other countries to go up and align with the US launch price.

Also very interested in the VRR support - I did spot on the specs and in data sheet "VRR as per specified in HDMI 2.1" (look at ports section on specs) so I live in hope.

Will update once I've received and had a play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom