Dell U4025QW - 40" 5120x2160 120Hz

Soldato
Thanks for the update, I was tempted by this but in the end decided it's too much to pay to not get a nice oled. Waiting on the hp omen transcend or the gigabyte aorus 32 inch oleds. Just want a nice oled screen with kvm and PD

Associate
I got mine delivered yesterday, still putting it through its paces, but so far I'm really happy with it. My usage is mostly 'productivity' - WFH and side-projects, and maybe 20% gaming. I'm currently running it at 100% scale on Windows - the text is small but I can read it with my tired old eyes, not sure whether I'll stick with this or 125% - it's a lot of screen either way!

I've had a quick play on MW3 - it seems pretty convincing as a dual-use monitor to me - but my 6900XT is only pushing out about 90-110 FPS at 5K2K with a mild overclock. I'm sure my previous UW, the Acer A34P had faster g2g response time, but to me this feels decent enough, and a whole load sharper.

Associate
Arrived today, not sure I will have time to install for a bit though.

It has a calibration sheet in it though, not sure what it entails but here is a picture.

pnlgKRT.jpeg

z5N8KBh.jpeg

Associate
okay tried it a bit more. Very happy with my decision. Originally I was a little bit afraid of missing out on the OLED goodness (I had the ultrawide 34" before but I found the vertical resolution pathetic and couldn't stand it) of the new 32" 4k model. However having played around a bit this afternoon with home working it's excellent. the resolution is usable and a pleasure, the PIP works great, the oodles of connectivity is excellent as well. The black levels for me are great. I had a IPS screen before this as well and it's in a different league. Sure it's not OLED but honestly for me it's more than sufficient!

Happy to test or show any features if anyone wants. I am just waiting for my other one to arrive now to complete the multi screen set up in place of my existing one. Need new monitor arm though this one just sank straight down!

Soldato
okay tried it a bit more. Very happy with my decision. Originally I was a little bit afraid of missing out on the OLED goodness (I had the ultrawide 34" before but I found the vertical resolution pathetic and couldn't stand it) of the new 32" 4k model. However having played around a bit this afternoon with home working it's excellent. the resolution is usable and a pleasure, the PIP works great, the oodles of connectivity is excellent as well. The black levels for me are great. I had a IPS screen before this as well and it's in a different league. Sure it's not OLED but honestly for me it's more than sufficient!

Happy to test or show any features if anyone wants. I am just waiting for my other one to arrive now to complete the multi screen set up in place of my existing one. Need new monitor arm though this one just sank straight down!
What’s the coating like? The usual dell matte one?

Soldato
OP
I'm actually going off this now. Much as the size, aspect and resolution look great, I'm seeing some conflicting reports about the gaming performance and the lack of any "proper" reviews is putting me off.

Now wondering whether to grab an LG 38GL950 and be done with it or wait to see if any other manufacturers release screens based around this panel or an equivalent.

Associate
I'm actually going off this now. Much as the size, aspect and resolution look great, I'm seeing some conflicting reports about the gaming performance and the lack of any "proper" reviews is putting me off.

Now wondering whether to grab an LG 38GL950 and be done with it or wait to see if any other manufacturers release screens based around this panel or an equivalent.

Yeah the lack of reviews is weird, think OLED screens are new kids in town and have caused backlog. I haven't played many games I fired up a couple and it plays pretty smooth, was surprised my 4080 handled so well. Black levels look great significantly better than my old screen. I enabled g sync in options and just played, seemed to be fine to me but im not a pro.. I'm not sure how or if I need to calibrate screen. Not sure if any value to me uploading a video.

Not sure why in settting it says 5120x2160 @ 120hz and 30 bit? Is 30 bit even a real thing?

Soldato
OP
Do you mean the GN? I've had that and found it to be excellent for gaming considering it's an IPS :)

Sorry yes the GN.

The GL native G-Sync one came first, then the GN Freesync one but both were well into 4 figures.

The updated 38GN950P looks pretty much identical to the original but is now available for around £800 which looks like a bargain for a 160Hz 3840x1600 IPS screen.

Soldato
OP
Associate
Similar situation. Very tempted by this monitor as I've steadily been working from home longer hours. Little worried the step down from oled will be too much however. Coming from an aw34 1st gen.

Associate
Looks good! I’ve got no real issues with mine when using Windows over DisplayPort. A few compatibility things with MacOS and Thunderbolt, but that may be more an Apple issue than the monitor.

Can’t really fault it for what I wanted and need. Admittedly I’m probably not as demanding as others on this forum. Happy enough for now though until something better comes along. :)

Back
Top Bottom