Denis@home team challenge: 31st Oct - 7th Nov

Soldato
OP
Not quite sure how often it updates, but a good stats site that interprets a lot more than the Denis site, or even the boincstats challenge can do:

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=den

Some of the graphs are very nice.

I like FreeDC's stats. Denis updates once a day on there, around 11am.
Currently though the day's total is wrong, it's not 4+ million for us, that's the last two days combined, it's 2.48 million for us, just 100K less than OCN at 2.57 million, here's hoping for a good scrap :)

EDIT: scores are correct now :)

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=den&team=54
... and on a personal note, I see that he can still out produce me! :mad: .. think I need to up the ante.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=den&team=54
... and on a personal note, I see that he can still out produce me! :mad: .. think I need to up the ante.

If by chance you are referring to me, then you should know that yesterday I was still running some vLHC and DPAD. Also intend to get a few more cores when I switch from Moo to Asteroids on the Nvidia cards. So tomorrow should be a better day :D

You can shove your ante wherever you want as long as it doesn't involve me, I'd suggest you get shopping quickly to get your order in and pay for Saturday delivery to stand any chance :D:D

Soldato
OP
If by chance you are referring to me, then you should know that yesterday I was still running some vLHC and DPAD. Also intend to get a few more cores when I switch from Moo to Asteroids on the Nvidia cards. So tomorrow should be a better day :D

You can shove your ante wherever you want as long as it doesn't involve me, I'd suggest you get shopping quickly to get your order in and pay for Saturday delivery to stand any chance :D:D

LOL
I can't do any more before the challenge, I went and sold my 2700K which I regret now, the timing of it that is, but I'm not done upgrading.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Talking of upgrading, we could do with Boycie upgrading from the first optimised app to the latest to get his output nearer 300k than 200k.

Also TheFriesGuy welcome aboard but you are still running the stock app, you could be getting 10 * credit (and science) done if you can install the latest AVX2 app :)

Soldato
OP
Talking of upgrading, we could do with Boycie upgrading from the first optimised app to the latest to get his output nearer 300k than 200k.

I've noticed that some of his tasks take double the time of some of his others for the same points, makes me think that maybe his computers are sometimes busy doing something to do with his work, heaven forbid :D

PDW

PDW

Associate
I've noticed that some of his tasks take double the time of some of his others for the same points, makes me think that maybe his computers are sometimes busy doing something to do with his work, heaven forbid :D
They shouldn't allow people in the office to play solitaire on them :mad:

My memory thinks he said he had 6 machines ?
Only 3 are running currently, at least the 4th last used in September is a lowly 32 processors :p
Maybe the other 3 are being used for solitai.. err serious office work now ?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
It's getting a tad warm sitting in this office just with 2 i5 desktops working away. If the optimised clients get work done faster they are also maximising the CPU use which means more heat.

PDW

PDW

Associate
He's got back to me and said that he's updated them :) Interesting to see now what times they do.
He has, fair bit faster too :)
Going to make overtaking him much harder :mad:

It's getting a tad warm sitting in this office just with 2 i5 desktops working away. If the optimised clients get work done faster they are also maximising the CPU use which means more heat.
Sounds like it might be the right time to start warming your chestnuts on them :eek:

Soldato
OP
I should have few dozen threads to throw at this

Don't know if you realise mate but your dual xeon (sr2?) machine isn't running the optimised app, your other machine is. There is an OSX version if that's what you weren't aware of.

OSX 64bit SSE41:
Code:
http://www.boincunited.org/opt_apps/denis/denis_1.05_x86_64-apple-darwin__sse41_v3.zip

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom