Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Associate
Woah, between GTA:V and this I think I might actually start playing games again. It's about time we had some new SP games with a proper story line and more than a day of play time.

Associate
I think I had Deus Ex: HR for a while before playing it, but I really enjoyed it when I did. I've not long started playing the original Deus Ex, hope I can get into that as there is no nostalgia factor.

Although I played through Half-Life and the expansions and enjoyed them quite a bit, the older graphics weren't an issue.

I'm not making a great agent in Deus Ex though, so far I managed to blow my legs off in the training mission.

Associate
Nice trailer indeed, but I hope they don't forget Deus Ex is about stealth for some and not mindlessly killing everything in the room.

Caporegime
Nice trailer indeed, but I hope they don't forget Deus Ex is about stealth for some and not mindlessly killing everything in the room.

If it's like HR you should be able to play your way eventually. I always go for a hacker. Love watching the baddies, robots and turrets fight each other whilst I chuckle away in the corner.

Soldato
Brilliant news! The screenshots dont look to promising though with with their emphasis on the "wrong stuff" as far as DX universe goes. Hope its gonna be at least as good as HR and not another COD:Ultra Modern Warfare clone.

Speaking of Deus Ex, I haven't finished the last one (got it when it came out). Has it been improved with DLCs and the likes or are there any mods for it now? I found it a bit dull and lifeless.

There was a DIrector's Cut version of the game which completely changed the bosses' sections gameplay, you could use stealth and cunning rather than run and gun.

Associate
Brilliant news! The screenshots dont look to promising though with with their emphasis on the "wrong stuff" as far as DX universe goes. Hope its gonna be at least as good as HR and not another COD:Ultra Modern Warfare clone.

There was a DIrector's Cut version of the game which completely changed the bosses' sections gameplay, you could use stealth and cunning rather than run and gun.
I wouldn't go as far as "completely changed", the boss fights were still pretty bad =/ They just added a hackable turret or something else.

Soldato

I hope they include all the options.

At least in DXHR I was able to do the entire game using the stun gun (apart from boss fights of course).

Associate
I agree with most of the comments about HR – boss fights were bad, lack on difficult choices/compromises etc. But the stealth stuff was good, and I thought the bits where you were forced to persuade people to help you were a nice touch (I failed mostly until I played it a couple of times). Hopefully they will keep the good stuff and fix the bad.

I'm a little disappointed that they're keeping Jensen, I think it would have been nice to start with a fresh character. Now they're going to have to come up with some reason why the ending you picked in HR isn't what really happened, and why all Jensen's augments have suddenly disappeared.

Man of Honour
I played through the original a couple of years back and the only person I killed was Walton Simons. I could have avoided that too, but I just hated the guy :D

Funny I was the other way around, if you actually look into his background he is somewhat a victim of circumstances - he was one of the few I kept alive on my last run through - he is actually quite hard to keep alive as well as if you don't use some crates to block him in + plenty of EMP to trigger his retreat state he keeps coming back to try and kill you.

One of the things I'm not liking about the new DX is that it goes a bit too "super powers" focused, I like that in the original it was mostly the choice of a selection of enhancements to give you an edge and a bit of a personal spin on your character with the ability to make 1-2 really powerful towards the end of the game.

Caporegime
Walton Simons always gave me the willies. When you encountered him at the undersea base or wherever it was, I used to leg it as fast as I could. He couldn't climb up ladders. :D

Back
Top Bottom