US: Dexter Season 8 (contains spoilers)

Caporegime
last ep kinda thought that may happen not been the greatest run in but could be good.
glad vogul got done in she done my head in :p

Soldato
Its really boring isn't it. Wish the writers would hurry up and strap the show to the table and put it out of its misery!

Shame, as I count myself as a big fan of the show, but its obvious that the writers couldn't sustain the quality of the first 4 seasons or so. Probably should have had a 4 or 5 season run as opposed to the 8 it will have had.

Soldato
OP
Well based on the preview of the next episodes, it seems questionable that the 'Morgan family' will make it to Argentina.

I can see one or the other (Dexter and Harrison or Hannah and Harrison) making it out, Dexter sacrificing himself for his son?

Anyway, sure this show is only half-interesting now because I have invested all that time in the last 7 season. I need to know the ending.

Soldato
You wouldn't believe the amount of times I paused that episode in disgust, then switched it off having decided I could not be bothered to make it to the end.

Oh My God I Am So Bored.

I really had to force myself to make it through the last 10-15 minutes or so. Je-sus.

Caporegime
It is boring... Practically nothing happens for the whole episodes then in the last 10 seconds you get a crappy cliff hanger that im struggling to care about too much.

What a shame. I hope they are saving it all for the last few episodes, but is it too late ?

Soldato
It is boring... Practically nothing happens for the whole episodes then in the last 10 seconds you get a crappy cliff hanger that im struggling to care about too much.

What a shame. I hope they are saving it all for the last few episodes, but is it too late ?

There's 2 left...

Associate
I have to echo the rest of you, this season has been a real slog :(

I think I am only sticking with it due to being such a fan of the show, want to see how it ends... although if this season is anything to go by I expect the ending to be pretty lacklustre :(

Soldato
Im glad im not eh only one, I though it was me, then realised something was wrong when I hadn't watch the resent one a few days after getting it, as I SIMPLY DID NOT CARE!. I don't care now if they escape or not, the characters have been completely destroyed now.

Soldato
Dexter has been on a bit of a downward trend but I'd enjoyed the previous seasons, this one has been pretty terrible so far. I'm at the point where I don't actually care who makes it anymore which is a sad state of affairs for what used to be me favourite show.

Comparing these final episodes against Breaking Bad is like putting our local toddler 5-a-side team up against Real Madrid's first XI.

Soldato
Episode 11 spoiler:

Episode 11 was another meh episode. Didn't even feel anything when Deb got shot (should have been the scriptwriter(s)). Past caring now unfortunately.

Did anyone not realise it would be Saxon turning up at Dexter's flat to view it? Such predictable rubbish.

The continuity was also awful. Deb entered the sanatorium when it was fairly dark and then came out (minutes?) later to bright sunshine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Episode 11 spoiler:

Episode 11 was another meh episode. Didn't even feel anything when Deb got shot (should have been the scriptwriter(s)). Past caring now unfortunately.

Did anyone not realise it would be Saxon turning up at Dexter's flat to view it? Such predictable rubbish.

The continuity was also awful. Deb entered the sanatorium when it was fairly dark and then came out (minutes?) later to bright sunshine.

You'd be surprised at just how quickly the light changes first thing in the morning :p Also remember they are further South in Miami :p

Caporegime
efour i dont :D

pretty not bad episode. will be interesting to see how it pans out :cool: its not been the best series but it could end great guess we'll see.

Soldato
Has Deb got hotter in the last season? Throughout the whole series I've thought she's a strange looking stick insect but in season 8 I've warmed up to her a bit..

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

Soldato
Has Deb got hotter in the last season? Throughout the whole series I've thought she's a strange looking stick insect but in season 8 I've warmed up to her a bit..

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

Michael C. Hall obviously liked her in real life as well. I only found out a month or so ago that him and Jennifer Carpenter were once married in real life.

She does scrub up well at times. :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Haven't seen Ep 11 yet (reverted to the UK schedule as I'd lost momentum with this season) but I said to my wife last night that they should have ended it with season 5.

Since then nothing has happened of any real significance, apart from La Guerta dying and who really liked her anyway? :o

I feel that Trinity was the best villian and it was also the best ending ever, because it had everything: suspense, drama and a nice twist. Plus it showed Dexter that sooner or later his double life catches up with him, which is the biggest point the writers seem to want to make in this season (8).

Back
Top Bottom