US: Dexter Season 8 (contains spoilers)

Soldato
Just watched the final episode, sadly it didn't redeem the season at all. The ending made no sense after 3-4 seasons spent showing how much Dexter came to love/care for his family and Hannah.

The final scene seemed to have no point other than trying to imply that Dexter deservedly ends up miserable because a serial killer can't have a happy ending. I'm sure the theory was that with Deb's death he finally gave in but since he was leaving to start a new life anyway it's hard to buy that he would ditch Hannah and Harrison (even if the actor who plays Harrison does have the charisma of a brick).

A real shame to see how far the show dropped off in quality since the early seasons.

Soldato
Just watched the final episode myself. Oh dear, what a ******* complete and and utter mess.

Truly abysmal stuff. I don't say that with any satisfaction at all. I'm actually gutted. :(

Of all the ways for Dexter to go out and he becomes a ******* lumberjack. WT actual F? I must have rolled my eyes about half a dozen times in that finale. I hope the writers never ever work again.

Actually, thinking about it, it's beyond all comprehension how the writers could get the ending so wrong. A 12yo could have written a better ending than that.

edit/
Thinking about it even more, I'm actually getting angry now.

Last edited:
Soldato
A better ending would be to handcuff himself to Deb, inject himself in the neck and fall over board with her. All the possibilities that were there and they came up with what they did. Wow.

Associate
What a seriously **** ending. They paid no homage to the fact the guy is a ******* serial killer! Whatever happened to like, people finding out about that? This season has been an absolute disaster centred on a fugitive love story and little else. You could pretty much tell that first edit ended in Argentina and then they whacked a cheesy lumberjack scene on the end to maybe try and find some meaning to it.

Odds that they revive the show at some point in the future?

Caporegime
The last half was "interesting"as in the sequence of yes, no, will he wont he, choices that he had to make and situations put upon him.... but that added up to a nonsensical, weak ass ending that didn't tick any boxes on any levels....

And they killed off DEB !!!!!MONSTERS>!< :p

Glad its over... that was an awful last series.

Soldato
Poor ending but reflecting it does leave it open for a return what do you think 2 years and it will be back on? it cant end like that surely we need to know what happens to Dexter the lumberjack :p

I read the previous showrunner left at end of season 4 i thought season 4 was masterpiece with Trinity Killer (John Lithgow) the last season been nowhere near it glory days which is such shame.

Associate
That was like being punched in the face. In a bad way. I'm not sure if I'm more angry at the writers, or myself for deciding to see it out after watching it for so long.

Ugh.

Soldato
Guys it's all an elaborate Sopranos style uber cool ending.

What you don't realise is that you've all been murdered by the show with that terrible ending, it's quite clever. A homage to Dexter and his murderous ways.

it isn't, it's just ****.

Was anyone expecting Wolverine to come flying out of nowhere fighting Sabertooth at the end? I wouldn't of been surprised tbh with the lame ass cliché lumberjack thing that they'd do something that retarded.

Jamie Batista though... she did not get enough air time. Yum and then some!

Last edited:
Soldato
God that was horrible, the season as a whole felt it too. Considering it was the last season, I was expecting something more personal to Dexter.

Back
Top Bottom