** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
The new season looks boring to be honest. As someone mentioned above, it all seems a bit pointless now that an expansion has been announced, as they'll be saving any major game changes for that.
There was always going to be expansions coming out for D4 - the fact that blizzard have announced one (that's slated for late 2024) makes playing the game now pointless?

Associate
I lasted 1 hour in the new season before I uninstalled the game again
Same, hopped on, played for about 40 minutes then stopped as I felt bored. There isn't anything new really ... the spider pet thingy is just another way of providing character buffs, but with a less interesting mechanic and activities compared to S2. Also, because Blizz are, for the most part, stripping away the content from previous seasons, the game doesn't feel as if it's getting deeper or more complex, such as in PoE. It will take an expansion to get any meaningful content ... but not sure I'm willing to pay £££ considering what the base game cost, and the fact as a GaaS we're already paying for seasonal battle passes. With the official launch of Last Epoch just around the corner, I think I'll get my ARPG fix from that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
There was always going to be expansions coming out for D4 - the fact that blizzard have announced one (that's slated for late 2024) makes playing the game now pointless?

Within half a year of D4's release they confirmed one, and the season changes so far have barely changed the feel of the game. The endgame is still extremely boring.

There's very little incentive to play, so it's pointless for me to grind every season.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got to WT3 and stopped, just not engaging enough.

IMHO skipping the campaign was a huge L for the game should have been do it once per season so you don't burn out grinding before you even reach endgame.

They could have done some balance and tuning adjustments to the campaign so that following the main story only is enough xp to get you into WT3.

Soldato
logged in last night to just try out the WASD movement, yep you can use WASD for movement; But god the game is dead, 5 of 143 from clan logged in and towns are dead on first night

Associate
I rolled a Druid - it is painful to play compared to other classes. Low damage output and dies a lot. I'm stuck now with the drums of the vault bug (can't interact with the brazier) a lot of people are having so will have to wait for a hotfix to progress

Associate
I rolled a Druid - it is painful to play compared to other classes. Low damage output and dies a lot. I'm stuck now with the drums of the vault bug (can't interact with the brazier) a lot of people are having so will have to wait for a hotfix to progress
I played Druid last season, yes levelling is painful but once you get to the higher levels and pick a build like stormclaw/pulverise it becomes very powerful and fairly rapid.....it's the getting their that's the problem. And for the brazier I had the same problem, go back out in to the wild and farm some additional elemental things and go back....at least that worked for me.

Associate
WASD would work well for some builds where you need to move through densely packed enemies and trigger a skill to avoid clicking around with the mouse.....but then I'd just use a controller.

Soldato
First time using rogue. Not getting on with it so far. Also this season just seems a bit dull at the moment. Level 17 so may give it a bit more time.

Any recommended builds for rogue? prefer nothing too complex in terms of combos; more of a button basher ha

Associate
For Rogue I found twisting blades worked well for me, plant your blades, teleport through the enemies and as the blades fly back to you the decimate everything in your path. Otherwise have you looked at Maxroll.gg to see what builds are viable this season?

Man of Honour
Yeah Twisting blades is great, used that build in S2 and it's a lot of fun, Absolutely tears through anything, didn't push Nightmare Dungeons too hard as I only got to 92, but everything I tried was so easy with that build

Soldato
For Rogue I found twisting blades worked well for me, plant your blades, teleport through the enemies and as the blades fly back to you the decimate everything in your path. Otherwise have you looked at Maxroll.gg to see what builds are viable this season?

twisting blades sounded good until @kola just put that one to bed. Will check out maxroll thanks

Man of Honour
Well, I gave in and tried a new character

I much preferred the mechanics of season 2, felt like had much more of an impact on your damage/progression than this stupid pet that seems to do next to nothing. I've hit 55 but already struggling to find the motivation to continue :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom