** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
I jumped on at the weekend.

I found the seasonal quest line very short and had it completed by level 25.

Went for a sorc has not used it since the game first came out and was my story mode character.

enjoying playing again as not played since mid December

Soldato
D3 wasn't a success, and the game itself was garbage until it's first expansion where it improved slightly. It's "seasons" have largely been minimalist in content and the only reason season 30 is doing well now, is because it's better than the rubbish Blizzard put out for season 3, no way on earth they spent 6 months making it, if they did they need to hire better staff.

Man of Honour
So then the question... Why are people being so critical of D4 if D3 was just the same...

Because people remember D3 post-expansion, when it was great. But it was turd pre-expansion.

I think people are just annoyed that they didn't learn their lesson and are repeating the exact same mistakes with D4. I have no doubt it will be great once the expansion is released

Soldato
So then the question... Why are people being so critical of D4 if D3 was just the same...

Probably a large portion comes from the $100 price tag, along side the insane marketing campaign and then of course the biggest let down of all. Expectations.

ARPG's have come ALONG way in the past 12 years since D3 came out, specially the past 5-6 years where the likes of Last Epoch, Path of Exile, Torchlight and countless others that have all pushed the genre in new directions. None of which D4 bothered to replicate.

Blizzard are known for copying good things and making them even better, they didn't even bother this time around.

Associate
Six months on, a $60 plus AAA game is still in open Beta. A game from a huge studio with endless resources and a 20 year well of experience in the genre to draw upon.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
D3 is pretty old now and had a lot of criticism at the time. I think everyone has accepted it for what it is now and just blast over new league weekends when the mechanic looks fun (typically power creep).

As a fairly shallow blaster ARPG it's still pretty good

Last edited:
Associate
Hit Lv50 with my Barbarian yesterday, found a couple of items/aspects that just clicked with my build and tearing through the dungeons now, a few more levels and I’ll try the WT4 capstone.

Associate
The game is just boring at this stage.

It's a shame it's so crap really, with POE going from strength to strength and Lasst Epoch round the corner, would have been nice to have a really good casual ARPG cleanse the palette after intense POE, and with LE filling in the middle ground with complexity. But, once the truth came out about loading in everyone's stash tabs I knew the game would struggle, that's incredible incompetence after 20 years in the genre. LE's got infinite stash tabs you just buy for easily available in game gold...

:D

Last edited:
Associate
I've not looked but is there any prices on the DLC yet?
Nothing yet, there were supposedly canvassing different pricing $50, $70, $80, and $100, with different add-ons for each. Given that they're charging £25 for different coloured portals I wouldn't put it past them charging a premium for the expansion.

Soldato
Nothing yet, there were supposedly canvassing different pricing $50, $70, $80, and $100, with different add-ons for each. Given that they're charging £25 for different coloured portals I wouldn't put it past them charging a premium for the expansion.
I would not be spending the same amount I did to buy the game in the first place for DLC.

We will have to wait and see what they do

Back
Top Bottom