Do you tip the pizza delivery man?

Soldato
The best tippers are usualy the ones with the least IE those on council estates and the worst are those well of with a 1/2 million quid detached house or similar.

Hehe, true. I remember working for Sky during my uni years doing installations, was doing a job at a house that was easily worth 10 mil. Large country estate in Sussex. Probably worth double that today. Anyway, the owner was buzzing around me, checking my work, asking to lift floor boards to hide the coax cable, laying an extra cable for when he moves his TV setup to his 'summer living room', etc. Things you don't normally do. Spent about 3 times as much time there as I normally would've, but was having a slow day so didn't mind.

Anyway, towards the end when I was finishing up, I saw him reach for his wallet. Happy days, big fat tip incoming! He beckoned me over, looked around the room as if someone was watching us and quickly stuck a pound in my hand. Yes, £1. The way he was acting one could've sworn he just bought a gun off me. He practically whispered with a proud wink as if he's done me a massive favour 'Get yourself a tea on me son'. Tight ****

Caporegime
Anyway, towards the end when I was finishing up, I saw him reach for his wallet. Happy days, big fat tip incoming! He beckoned me over, looked around the room as if someone was watching us and quickly stuck a pound in my hand. Yes, £1. The way he was acting one could've sworn he just bought a gun off me. He practically whispered with a proud wink as if he's done me a massive favour 'Get yourself a tea on me son'. Tight ****

thats how a lot of well off people have money and a lot of poor people dont...

its not the rich people donating to charities that keep them going

Soldato
My tip to pizza delivery people is that they should have done better at school and got a decent job.

Either that, or learn some English, Polak.

Man of Honour
My tip to pizza delivery people is that they should have done better at school and got a decent job.

Well aren't you nice. I should imagine there are a good number of Poles who are better educated than you and are certainly a good deal more pleasant. My wife for one, her 2.1 degree from a red brick university, MBA which is underway and 10+ years working for hedge funds and investment banks, but then she's just a Polak:rolleyes: Her English is rubbish though.

edit: a person that berates tipping yet begs for money to buy a car. well that is rich

Last edited:
Associate
Zefan

your spot on with rich looking after their money.

Gackt

There just my observationsand trust me I would not do it if the money was cr*p I earn as much in a few hours as I do all day in my full time job but I also will work harder and faster the better the pay wouldnt you !
Unfortunaly fuel price's are eating into profit more and more.

Bifrost

If you do 2-3 deliveries at a time which do you think the YOU would do first the generose or the tight customer first.

Arknor

Ill say it again :rolleyes:ITS YOUR MONEY SPEND IT HOW YOU LIKE :rolleyes:

Orbspeed1 (thats me:p) To answer the op's question I usualy tip drivers. I will tip in restaurants if food and service are good as a way of saying thank you.

Permabanned
Pizzas seem expensive but my local outfit are always quick and polite. I spent a while in the US where tipping is the norm.

Do you tip the pizza delivery guy or round up to the nearest pound?

I swear my pizza man takes a really long time getting the change just hoping you'll give up and tell him he can have it ... which annoys me ..

Caporegime
I swear my pizza man takes a really long time getting the change just hoping you'll give up and tell him he can have it ... which annoys me ..

they all do and they never have the change ready either is it so hard to assume most people are going to either pay with the exact change or notes.

is a pizza comes to 18.30 would it be so hard to have the change from a twenty ready? if a delivery man did that i would consider them going out of their way to give me good service and tell them to just keep the change.

the ones who stand there and then dig around in there pockets dont deserve a tip

Man of Honour

notsureifseriousorjustt.png

Associate
i order online, pay the driver when they get here and never tip as they never carry my 1p change, if i ordered a pizza and it was 13.99 and gave them i £20 note, if they gave me my correct change for once i would probably give that driver the pound just because id be amazed at getting my penny!

Associate
If the pizza arrives in good time (around 30mins) then i happily tip

but if it takes around an hour which is the usual for domino's lately then i don't

that said, i ordered papa johns last week and it was so much better than domino's

much better packaging
arrived faster
pizza tasted nicer

Soldato
Well aren't you nice. I should imagine there are a good number of Poles who are better educated than you and are certainly a good deal more pleasant. My wife for one, her 2.1 degree from a red brick university, MBA which is underway and 10+ years working for hedge funds and investment banks, but then she's just a Polak:rolleyes: Her English is rubbish though.

edit: a person that berates tipping yet begs for money to buy a car. well that is rich

Give me some money towards my car, or stfu. No shekels though.

Soldato
i order online, pay the driver when they get here and never tip as they never carry my 1p change, if i ordered a pizza and it was 13.99 and gave them i £20 note, if they gave me my correct change for once i would probably give that driver the pound just because id be amazed at getting my penny!

You probably want to complain to the shop about that, as a lot of them don't actually give the drivers anything smaller than 5p (and in some cases 10p!) Or would you expect the driver to give you change out of their own pocket?

Back
Top Bottom