Do you tip the pizza delivery man?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I've been known to request the service charge removed, from my bill (eating out), that got a few looks.

My argument was I paid enough for the meal, but the service was nothing special = no tip. Gordon Ramsey or not.

Associate
I tip the pizza man. Mainly because I used to be a driver many years ago and lived off the tips. I loved it back then, so why not give him an extra quid to cheer the guy up. Cmon, the best he can do is deliver pizzas after all ! :)

Do you tip your taxi driver?

Associate
I swear my pizza man takes a really long time getting the change just hoping you'll give up and tell him he can have it ... which annoys me ..

Domino's don't give you change to start the night off with. So it can sometimes take a bit longer to check if you have the right amount of change in your bag to give.

Also, I used to use what you say above to the more richer housing areas! :o

Associate
I used to work in a non-chain pizza joint,
What annoyed me was drivers got tipped for simply delivering it to the door plus theyre £6.50 wage, were as us staff making every part of it and preparing the order got £5 and no tips.

Yeah but they need to purchase a car keep it on the road fueled etc, you can easily burn through £10 worth of fuel in around 2 hours and tips are about a pound every 2-3 deliverys so not much.

Soldato
Never.

Although I had a pizza from Dominos earlier this week and the girl that delivered it was lovely, maybe I should have given her some money so she would have come in for 'dessert'.

omg a woman delivering your pizza?
and she was lovely?

Really!?

shoulda s h p!

s h p!

Man of Honour
What annoys me about tipping is the expectation its done regardless.

If I'm out for a meal or something and the service provided is absolutely exceptional - ie way better than I'd expect, then damn right I'll tip. They didnt HAVE to give me that level service, but they did. Heres a tip, thanks for improving my evening.

But if I order some food, and they... bring it to me. Great. Thats the point. Thats what they are paid for. If I ordered some food and they DIDNT bring it to me I'd be asking for a refund, so I'm not sure why getting what I paid for means they deserve extra money :confused:

I don't visit bars when I'm in the States, but tipping in a bar would annoy me if I did. Great, you took 15 seconds out of your day to provide the drink I just ordered. Have some extra money :confused:

And as for the concept of tipping for fast food, just lol

Permabanned
I don't get tipped for doing my job, why should they?

If they don't like the salary - get another job.

In reality... I live in a penthouse with no lift... most around here are too lazy to even exit their car, let alone bring it to the door.

The few who do their job properly do get a tip... but only as an incentive so next time they bring it to the darn door!

I ****ing hate Luton...

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;19602124 said:

If I'm out for a meal or something and the service provided is absolutely exceptional - ie way better than I'd expect, then damn right I'll tip. They didnt HAVE to give me that level service, but they did. Heres a tip, thanks for improving my evening.

But if I order some food, and they... bring it to me. Great. Thats the point. Thats what they are paid for. If I ordered some food and they DIDNT bring it to me I'd be asking for a refund, so I'm not sure why getting what I paid for means they deserve extra money :confused:

I don't visit bars when I'm in the States, but tipping in a bar would annoy me if I did. Great, you took 15 seconds out of your day to provide the drink I just ordered. Have some extra money :confused:

And as for the concept of tipping for fast food, just lol

I'm with you...

Associate
I don't get tipped for doing my job, why should they?

If they don't like the salary - get another job.

With these people, they are normally students, so will be working through the university period.

Also, it is never salary based for domino's.

No one ever mentioned that these people don't like their job. In fact, I think the job was easy going and was pretty good money for what it was. With or without tips.

Associate
Domino's don't give you change to start the night off with. So it can sometimes take a bit longer to check if you have the right amount of change in your bag to give.

Also, I used to use what you say above to the more richer housing areas! :o

Used to get a £5.00 float to start the night off (dominos) but that would be gone soon enough, also shuffling around on someones dark porch for change is difficult, when I used to pay cash at uni I always used exact change as most people keep coins lying around from nights out etc,

Soldato
[TW]Fox;19602124 said:

But if I order some food, and they... bring it to me. Great. Thats the point. Thats what they are paid for. If I ordered some food and they DIDNT bring it to me I'd be asking for a refund, so I'm not sure why getting what I paid for means they deserve extra money :confused:l

That is the way I deal with tipping, it just....makes sense!

Man of Honour
I only tip when the level of service has been exceptional.

I once went to an Indian restaurant with a friend. We asked them to please take some meat off the bone for us. They took it away and presented us with the food as requested, but fulled to the brim again, a fresh plate, with their apologies. The waiter was also very chatty and conversational. We tipped big.

Soldato
Do i tip the takeaway delivery driver? Yes, every chance i get. I'm married to her. :p

Do i tip other takeaway drivers? Depends on the speed of the delivery i suppose, which isn't really the drivers fault in reality (if the order isn't ready they can't take it out, waiting for some **** in the kitchen can be annoying)

I'd love to know how many of the students doing this for some pin money have the right insurance, it's painfully expensive. (which is another one of the reasons she's not going back to the job after her maternity leave)

For those that give it the "pay them for doing their job?" line, the jobs are taken with the knowledge that the basic pay is pretty crap but it will be bolstered up with customer tips.

Back
Top Bottom