DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfather
Godfather
OP
I thought I'd post an update on DPD's performance so far.

DPD are the most reliable courier I have ever experienced. Here is some data.

Claims
In the last week we have not had cause to make a single claim for loss or damage with DPD. Not one. With DHL we had to submit claims for a minimum of 10 instances of loss or damage per week. Sometimes this figure rose to 15.

Exceptions
In the last week DPD failed to deliver 0.6% of consignments on time which equates to 6 consignments per 1000 (most of these were the result of customers providing an incorrect postcode). DHL's exception rate was 3.4% which equates to 34 consignments per 1000.

Put simply, the change to DPD has resulted in a vastly more reliable and careful delivery service.

Soldato
Can't argue when the facts are supplied. I haven't had to order anything recently so I haven't used DPD but I have had plenty experience with DHL...and they were poor...Delivery got lost...they often don't collect parcels on the correct date with domestic customers....And citylink...They are careless with peoples parcels.

Wise move by Spie.

Soldato
I thought I'd post an update on DPD's performance so far.

DPD are the most reliable courier I have ever experienced. Here is some data.

Claims
In the last week we have not had cause to make a single claim for loss or damage with DPD. Not one. With DHL we had to submit claims for a minimum of 10 instances of loss or damage per week. Sometimes this figure rose to 15.

Exceptions
In the last week DPD failed to deliver 0.6% of consignments on time which equates to 6 consignments per 1000 (most of these were the result of customers providing an incorrect postcode). DHL's exception rate was 3.4% which equates to 34 consignments per 1000.

Put simply, the change to DPD has resulted in a vastly more reliable and careful delivery service.

gotta agree with that Spie, my first few deliverys have been on time, with absolutely no dents or dings, driver has been the same guy each time (this is a big plus for me as i liek to know whos resp for deliverys when im not there to collect)

Also it hasnt been mentioned yet but the tracking ability on the site seems very good to me, on the site once it says "out for delivery" i know its about an hour from the depot to my house and for the first two deliverys he was there between 1hr and 1hr 30mins from the site being updated each time :)

Also once i signed for the goods on the terminal teh site was updated in a matter of minutes saying signed for and that a downloadable image was available (obv to check signature)

:)

Associate
I've had some Dell laptops and an O2 wireless broadband router deliveried by DPD in the past, and I haven't had any problems with them so far.

Regarding DHL, I know it was free delivery but I still didn't like the Home Delivery service. It just didn't feel 'professional'.

Associate
Just have to say, DPD just delivered my bits I ordered yesterday. No sign of damage and the delivery guy was cheerful! I'm not in an very easy place to find either.

Still waiting for a CityLink delivery so we'll have a comparison in a bit :p

Soldato
Will ocuk give the option for a direct swap at the door for some RMA items though? Or is that not possible? DPD do this with netgear, so be great, if I have an RMA I can pay a little extra and have the replacement sent with courier to swap at the door.

Associate
I have to say I'm very impressed with DPD too. At first I was mildly annoyed at having my parcel delivered by a company I'd never heard of but I couldn't be happier with the service.

Very fast from dispatch and all boxes in perfect condition. As previously mentioned the tracker is updated very fast. I texted the person who signed for my package to say thanks (after seeing it being delivered on the tracking screen) and they received it before the delivery person was out the gate to my house!

The only small thing I wasn't too keen on was that during tracking it said my parcel was at hub 3 which meant nothing to me.

It's a major improvement over Citylink though. My sister used to know someone who worked for them and she used to tell me horror stories about the parcels. I've got a parcel due to arrive from another company via Citylink and I'm dreading it.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Will ocuk give the option for a direct swap at the door for some RMA items though? Or is that not possible? DPD do this with netgear, so be great, if I have an RMA I can pay a little extra and have the replacement sent with courier to swap at the door.
Not for free, no as it's quite expensive.

Associate
I just ordered another 24", with DHL it was a complete nightmare getting my last one delivered, will post back with DPD review (hopefully tomorrow :) )

Associate
I just ordered another 24", with DHL it was a complete nightmare getting my last one delivered, will post back with DPD review (hopefully tomorrow :) )

Hurray, Monitor arrived on time and the online tracking was perfecto.. box was pretty battered but the monitor is working like a dream.

Associate
hmm just came home to find a sticker on the building front door from these people (not something from ocuk) and never heard of them before but nice to see yourselves have gone away from dhl. now if i need something ocuk is now once more an available option which is had ceased to be.

hmm only think is thier web site is a bit erm poo, wont tell you where thier depot is to collect anything and the post code from the first page of this thread shows it as being in the middle of nowhere. why would this info not be available on their web site?????

Associate
yes i did find both those posts but thanks anyway

more i was commenting on the strangeness of them not wanting you to know where they are so you can come get it.

i still miss citylink they always delivered first thing in the morn without fail

Associate
Not sure if this is good or bad but..
My latest order had an attempted delivery a day early - I am in Spain, but Mum is in the UK, so she was all set to be in for the day delivery was meant to happen. Guy came a day early, but left his mobile number so a second attempt could be arranged. Seems like excellent service to me !
Now I am still waiting on her bringing my new bits out to me - 4 more days !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom