EA Origin ID changes

Associate
Guys, need help!

Purchased BF3 from somebody- he stated it is brand new/never played/never finished installation.

I registered ORIGIN account, entered key and it says: CODE BEEN USED!

I contacted seller and he passed me his ORIGIN ACCOUNT: e-mail/ password and said that never used it and I can change password and use his account since now, there is BF3 game in "my games" library!

Is it okay to do this? can I change e-mail address so I receive all notifications/etc. to my e-mail?

Thanks

Soldato
Guys, need help!

Purchased BF3 from somebody- he stated it is brand new/never played/never finished installation.

I registered ORIGIN account, entered key and it says: CODE BEEN USED!

I contacted seller and he passed me his ORIGIN ACCOUNT: e-mail/ password and said that never used it and I can change password and use his account since now, there is BF3 game in "my games" library!

Is it okay to do this? can I change e-mail address so I receive all notifications/etc. to my e-mail?

Thanks

Is your scam detector broken or something?

Associate
I had always thought that your Origin ID and your persona were different.

They are :p
EA's persona system is a bit messy, but basically each of their older games had a different persona assocaited.
CnC/Battlefield/MoH etc. You could have the same name for different persona's, Ie "EL_Commi" for all of those. but you couldn't have 2 accounts use the same persona name.
Your Origin ID, is your "EA Persona", doesn't matter what other personas you have, as long as no one else has the same name for the EA persona. Then it should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom