** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

Associate
As I said not the most elegant cut but job done with old saw and didn't want to meddle further for fear of damaging the structure, and besides it all gets covered
Https://www.dropbox.com/sc/anepor93a1ir3e8/AACb1bZKvfLA5S5j2MUnZH5Wa
I found the longer screws indispensable as the cooler was slightly uneven owing to 2 of the silent 800 lips being bent. This was inevitable as I had to saw round them.
The 4 central mounts were fine using the shorter screws.
Ended up using 2 DIY screws for 2 of the outermost mounts as the std ones were useless. I think I`ll order a set of longer eight from EKWB as its always handy to have spare anyway, esp for upgrades and maintenance in the future.
All in all, I`m happy and the built quality of the predator is second to none.

Last edited:
Associate
Read the review vsg28. Got me thinking maybe I'll upgrade in a few years to a heatsink for the pump and a higher rated pump altogether.

Last edited:
Associate
Well worth it, especially if you are going to expand the loop.

Great review. I have the 360 and am going to add expand to include a full GPU waterblock. I will initially see how the 6w pump does.

One thing I will do though is separate the pump pwm to its own header so that it can run at 100%

Associate
Yeah I would agree with that also. No point keeping the pump on the splitter unless you have only one PWM header to control from.

Soldato
I took the heatsink off that i had added to mine since the pump wasn't working anymore and one of the wires had fried, i've added another DDC to it now that's powered by a molex.

It's a more powerful one and is making a bit of a humming noise because of the plexi window so i've ordered the non windowed side panel for my Define S.

It's a late review, but I am finally done. For those interested: http://thermalbench.com/2016/02/11/ek-predator-240mm-aio-cpu-cooler/

Great review!, is that the Bitspower heatsink you added?, i couldn't get mine fitted so used EK.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah it's a pain getting the Bitspower/Barrow heatsinks on, and I had to swap impellers for that pic in the review. I am going to make a note in there and recommend the EK heatsinks.

Associate
I`ve taken lots of photos with fuji x100 but waiting on new card to update firmware for win 10. Cant wait to share pics.
Its been nerve-wracking doing the build.
Those m.2 drives are a fiddle to mount and I was putting the springs on before heatsink and realized how stupid i was lol.
In the end it looks stunning, esp dominator ram blending with silver mobo.
The bequiet silent 800 has been a joy to work with and will update dropbox next wkd hopefully and will add photos of machine actually fired up.
Waiting on sata cable from EKWB (due on wed).

Associate
I've ordered 8 10mm m4 fan screws so I can replace the 2 DIY screws I've used. Ordered spare power cables while I was at it. Only 7 quid plus shipping

Associate
Thanks Pete.
BTW did u have a look at my gallery? What do you think?
I got those longer screws and they work like a treat. Looks like I've cross threaded one of the bottom corner holes but it's very secure with seven screws.
The power sata cable arrived and they even gave me a spare pin header plate which has all the pump and fan headers mounted.
Hope to fire the machine up on Sat

Associate
Thanks Pete.
BTW did u have a look at my gallery? What do you think?
I got those longer screws and they work like a treat. Looks like I've cross threaded one of the bottom corner holes but it's very secure with seven screws.
The power sata cable arrived and they even gave me a spare pin header plate which has all the pump and fan headers mounted.
Hope to fire the machine up on Sat

Yeah, I took a look. Seems good. One thing that struck me was the case mod. I recall that you said you didn't have a dremel? Did you use a saw and pliers to bend the case after making cuts? I'm planning on modding the top of my ENthoo Luxe case so I can move the supplied Vardars into the top fan bay and then add in additional F4's for a push pull configuration. Don't have a dremel either, but wa looking to make a clean cut where needed to allow the res and pump to clear the top fan bay.

Will be good to see the finished article when you have this set up :)

Back
Top Bottom