** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

Associate
Got the system booted. All fine. The cooler made a whirring sound in the first min but soon settled down. Will try and overclock at the end. Idle temp is around 25 ATM.have to admit I can't hear the vanguard or bequiet fans. Silent PC!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
PROTIP:

put an 'm' or an 'l' before the '.jpeg' on your imgur links to make the images viewable without breaking forum rules.

Associate
Had a bit of a scare today. Turned on machine but pump didn't start. Had to power off completely to remedy it.
Had a huge windows update last night and computer took ages to power off so hoping it was a one off.

Associate
Had a bit of a scare today. Turned on machine but pump didn't start. Had to power off completely to remedy it.
Had a huge windows update last night and computer took ages to power off so hoping it was a one off.

Hmm, mine's alright and now got the GPU block in the mix. I moved the pump header off the cooler though and it's now powered of it's own header running at a constant 100% (thanks to vsg28 for this advice).

I recommend taking this action as it really helps with the overall loop efficiency.

Associate
I`ve decided to get rid of my predator. The pump is coming on intermittently using the fan header on radiator and will only work on motherboard header at 100%.
I can hear a constant drone now and im going back to my Noctua U12-S.
TBH I can`t leave this system unsupervised knowing the pump might fail so I`m cutting my losses. Watercooling never again

Associate
Thought I'd add a voice for the happy customer camp.

Got my 360 a couple weeks ago, with an Enthoo Evolv ATX, and have had no issues at all. Easy to install, silent and no leaks.

Have had no issues setting my 2500K to 4.7Ghz without changing anything else (4.4GHz before water) and might try for more when I have time.

It spikes to 72-75C when I run Prime95 for a couple hours, but tends to be under 60C most of the time. Under 35C when normal browsing and desktop usage. 28C-30C idling. (19-21C ambient)

Overall I'm very happy and would highly recommend the Predator. I will be adding a QDC GPU block to it soon.

Associate
Couldn't be happier without the predator. Noctua is giving me idle temps of 33 compared to 37. Have a n industrial grade 2000 rpm pushing and using PWM it's quieter than the predator pump and fan combo. Maybe I had a dud pump but I really didn't need the constant water-cooled worry of leaks and pump failure. I guess the experience has taught me water cooling is not for everybody.

Associate
running a 6700k at 4.75gig doesnt go over 72c at 100% realbench at stock speeds sits around 55c with fans not going more than 50%.

mr02.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
As another positive for the predator, I've now got my waterblock in the loop and running smooth.

With the pump at 100% off it's own header the CPU hits 60c under load and the GPU at 40c under firestrike extreme benching. On the G10/H55 cooling my 980ti was topping out at 1516 mhz oc and 1975 mhz mem.

The below is clocked at 1530 mhz and 2008 mhz stable since I'm under full water on the GPU. I feel that I can go higher and will be tweaking over the next week or so.

Firestrike%20bench%202_zpspqoukuyb.png
[/URL][/IMG]

To me the missing piece of the puzzle for the predator is getting the GPU into the mix to realise the full potential of the product. I appreciate that owners of the 240 variant do need to have the QDC version to do so. Totally happy with my purchase and it also looks super slick with the full Nickel backplate on the GPU :D

Soldato
What's the best case recommendations for the 360? Looks tight in the Fractal there. How about the Evolv ATX? Any others? Does it make ANY difference to performance whether it's horizontal or vertical?

Back
Top Bottom