Everton and zero money - Updated 17/11/23

Soldato
Well that's us well and truly ****ed.
I actually don't think it is. You're still only a couple of points from safety and are a better team than those around you with DCL back.

I can't see how they can possibly do this to Everton and not also throw the book at City, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

Caporegime
I think Everton will be fine, partly because the 3 promoted side can't score in a brothel and doesn't look like it is going to change any time soon. I would think Everton would have been an easy mid table (45-50pts) side without this deduction. I can't even see the 3 promoted clubs to get 50pts between them.

Soldato
10 point deduction for basically obliterating FFP, the premier league have now set the precedent, can’t see city or Chelsea getting anything more than a 20 point deduction for their massive breaches, I can see other teams now saying “**** it” if that’s what the penalty is.

Soldato
10 point deduction for basically obliterating FFP, the premier league have now set the precedent, can’t see city or Chelsea getting anything more than a 20 point deduction for their massive breaches, I can see other teams now saying “**** it” if that’s what the penalty is.
Really? If you deduct 20 points from City's total spread across the last few seasons, it's enough to take all of their titles away from them from 2018/19 onwards. That would be a pretty hefty penalty.

Soldato
You you sweet summer child

Last edited:
Caporegime
The consequences for the likes of City need to have a direct impact on their revenue streams to really make a difference.

A ban from European football, for example, will decimate big sponsorship deals and make it extremely difficult to buy another £100m player in the next few seasons.

Point deductions, which will probably be reduced on appeal, won't do anything unless they are applied to previous seasons, which will never happen.

You need mechanisms that break down the foundations they've built up over years of cheating, as they're now in a spot where they don't need to fudge the numbers as much, if at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really? If you deduct 20 points from City's total spread across the last few seasons, it's enough to take all of their titles away from them from 2018/19 onwards. That would be a pretty hefty penalty.
For one season but the money they will have spent will benefit them for a generation. 10 points is a joke imo.

Soldato
You you sweet summer child
My point is if you break the FFP rules you should be relegated, or have points deducted that would put you in real jeopardy of being relegated, a 20 point deduction will not scare city or Chelsea

Soldato
The consequences for the likes of City need to have a direct impact on their revenue streams to really make a difference.

A ban from European football, for example, will wipe decimate big sponsorship deals and make it extremely difficult to buy another £100m player in the next few seasons.

Point deductions, which will probably be reduced on appeal, won't do anything unless they are applied to previous seasons, which will never happen.
I largely agree. On the flipside, if as seems to be the case a significant amount of the "appeal" of putting money into teams like City is for sportswashing and PR purposes, that investment may seem a lot less appealing if it is consistently and clearly called out as breaching financial rules, even if the penalties for doing so are relatively minor.

Man of Honour
I very much doubt that City will get any sort of point deduction, Citys legal team is too rich clever for that. Either it will be a fine (pocket change for them) or it will be a 10 point deduction, arrived at only after Man City have a bigger than 10 point lead so that it does them no harm.

Associate
Now watch the premier league happily give the OK for us to be taken over by suspected fraudsters 777.

FFP is so dumb, it’s the least fair thing in football and massively benefits clubs who were already successful pre FFP.

It’s like “here you go lads, we’ve come up with a great way to stop anyone else ever breaking into the elite and the best part is we can blag that it’s all about saving clubs like Portsmouth etc”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom